What if Yamaha jumped in?

(Nocht @ Oct. 24 2006,19:56)
(RaveCrusader @ Oct. 24 2006,19:53) They may create more new stats to measure the hyperbike class.

super.gif
So long as they don't try to make an objective 'fun to ride' measurement.  
wink.gif
I think a comprehensive pucker factor would be appropriate.

They could go from 1-10 with a single decimal place.

That would make my last ride about an 8 flat.

AAAssjani.gif

If they did that I'd consider making a unicycle powered by a supercharged Busa engine simply to win the King Pucker award for all time with a rating of JesusMotherFunkingChrist/10.
pirate.gif

Couldn't resist that.

that backpressure exhaust thing is a weird animal.. atleast it is on my triumph 675.. I can never tell when it's doing it's thing (as it should be) but it always causes a few weird looks when you turn it off, get off.. and about the time you get the helmet off you hear the servo's kicking in to put it back to the "default" position .. kinda sounds like a computer modem connecting to the internet.. only real quiet... hehe.. it's odd.

that being said.. I don't think I'll ever own another bike without a electronic throttle adjuster revver upper when it's cold thingy .. you know... a choke by the new funky name. Thats so cool to just push the starter and forget it cuz it takes care of itself no matter what the temp.

I'm looking forward to a real cruise control also (i don't mean some stupid throttle lock or whatnot.. I mean one that works like it does in my vehicle) available on every bike.

yamaha can go stuff their full automatic tranny though... if I get to that point i'll just stop riding or buy a moped.

(Juggler @ Oct. 24 2006,13:10) As much as I would like to see Yamaha get into the mix, I don't think it makes sense from a financial standpoint.

How many GSXR-1000s get sold for every Hayabusa? Not to mention the 750s/600s. I don't see Honda/Yamaha looking for bragging rights for the biggest/fastest.
I think it was mentioned at sh.org that suzuki stated 10,000 busa's were sold last year? While those numbers may pale to something like harley's, for a sportbike that's pretty good. You can still find '06 750's and literbikes on the sales floor. Even Zx-14's. Every year model busa has been gone as soon as it arrives like it's the Playstation 3.

A Flagship bike that truly crushes the bus and zx-14 would be a great seller. Thing is i believe the manufacturers are "Scared" of what regulations they may face. After the ZX-11 ruled for soooo long, Look what happened when the CBR XX came out followed by the Surprise of a monster like the Hayabusa. Kawi swore they'd still take the crown but, after some weenies in europe got pissy the manufacturers were told to tone things down. Enter the 186mph agreement.

I believe the goverments as well as the manufacturers know what we do with these bikes with turbo's and aftermarket hotrodding. If they start a 200+hp war in stock trim well then more regulations may come.

(thepushercg @ Oct. 24 2006,03
zzwhip.gif
) i would love to see yamaha and honda get into making the super bikes. it can only get better for the bike industry.  kawasaki finally stepped up and put something on the plate. any one others bike companys want to play ?
speaking of kawasaki, with all the talk around here on how bad everyone" thinks" the new K-7 1000 is going to be ,kawasaki boldly states on their web site that the 07 zx-10r is the most powerful bike in the litre bike class. kawasaki HAS raised the bar. as it stands right now for 06, the zx-10r and the zx-14 are the two most powerful bikes you can buy off of the showroom floor period!

Back