what drive chain do you use for your turbo busa?

LeDauz

Registered
ok simply put: what chain would/do you use for your turbo busa and how often do you replace it?

~what chain?
~how many miles do you get?
~do you drag race it?
~do you street ride?(how far)

I ask because so far all i heard is the chain either wont handel the power of turbo or wont handel a 400mile ride

My previous Turbo Busa I ran an EK ZZZ.

Was no prob. Adjusted it at 100 miles and 250 and 600 after initial install (same as I do a stock engined busa). Then never needed adjusting again other that when I swap tires. In other words the stretch was so minimal after break in that it never needed adjusting. What little strech it had wasn't problematic over the course of thousands of miles between tire swaps.

Life is going to depend on maintenace, sprockets, weight, horsepower, et...

No reason it won't be reliable and should last many thousands of miles. Unless the bike speends most its time on the track with hard launches.

EK ZVX2 for me. Drag race frequently, use to trackday on the busa, now my daily driver. No problems with the "zero stretch technology" chain for me over last 4500 miles.

i used and will be on my prostreet build a drz2
non oring but if kept clean and lubed it lasts quite a while for me and sold it with my swingarm and still little to no issues of stretching of it when i sold it

i used and will be on my prostreet build a drz2
non oring but if kept clean and lubed it lasts quite a while for me and sold it with my swingarm and still little to no issues of stretching of it when i sold it

If you are good about chain maintenance then Pinky has it right.

Keep in mind o-ring chains only recently became standard.

DRZ2 with around 2000K street miles with no launching.....Seems to have stretch about the same as any other chain. I snapped a ZZZ in half so I'm staying with the DRZ2 until something happens

i have used zzz and drz2 both lasted about same about 9 months or so 10,000miles i use drz2 now but you have to clean it more than zzz

EK ZVX2 and PBI Sprockets.....they were married at birth still kicking today..

I have used both the ZZ and the DRZ2, I drag race continuously and do some street riding. When drag racing I was constantly adjusting for chain stretch after every 3 to 5 passes with both of these chains.

Last year I bought a Tsubaki 530 chain (140 links) from APE put it on, adjusted it one time and have used it for 112 passes. (I keep logs on clutch replacement, chains and sprockets.) as a matter of fact it is still on the bike and I plan on running it this season.

All of my chains are cleaned and oiled after every race weekend.

i had a Tsubaki on my bike once
it left me stranded in the middle of downtown Indy at 2:30 A.M. cause i snapped the chain (master link was still intact)
im very abusive on chains and the DRZ2 is the only one to handle my abuse

it left me stranded in the middle of downtown Indy at 2:30 A.M. cause i snapped the chain (master link was still intact)
Pinky I didn't realize you were such an abusive dude...lol

Ouch! The funny thing is when I first put the Tsubaki chain on it came with a clip type master link, which I absolutely abhor. I left it on because I did not have an extra rivet type. The clip came off as can be expected and I did not notice it until after the AMA Dragbike race when I was cleaning the chain. Amazingly, the plate the outside plate stayed in place even thought the clip came off.

Yesterday I went over my brothers house to ride bikes and he also has a Hayabusa with a Tsubaki chain we put on the back when I installed mine. (March of 09) I looked at his chain and the friggin clip was gone too, plate still in place.

Now we both have rivet type master links.

Go figure your Tsubaki chain snapped and the master link stayed in place. LOL

I am going with a EK DRZ2, its good for 300 ponies.. O-rings chains are good but I have always liked non o ring chains.

EK zvx2 for me and over 10k miles no problem.

Got to update. I was changing my tire and going from a 43t to a 40t rear sprocket. When I took the wheel off the bearings fell out. Put new ones in. Mounted the tire and sprocket went to put it back on. Chain was too long, so I took a few links out. When I got a new master link put on I tried to adjust the chain and it was so stretched out that the chain wouldn't even fit on the new sprocket!

Back