Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not as good as I had hoped for

• Dear God what did Suzuki do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't one smooth line left on the bike! Whata hodge-podge. Somebody get a pic from the back! It can't possibly be as ugly as it looks in these photos! Lamb has never been hapier with his '05 than he is today!!!

I dont care what it loks like, i lik e the 12:5 C/R up 1.5 from old Busa, same 81mm pistons with dual injectors, 1340 cc, this bike is going to move !!!!!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif

(Tybalt71 @ Jun. 27 2007,21:43) I dont care what it loks like, i lik e the 12:5 C/R up 1.5 from old Busa, same 81mm pistons with dual injectors, 1340 cc, this bike is going to move !!!!!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif
Actually I was thinking that may be a problem for the new reformulated "clean" fuels. The current Yamaha liter bikes (12.5:1) suffer from pre-detonation. 91 is the MINIMUM octane rating.

I'm so pissed I sold my bike in anticipation of this..Noone to blame but myself..Too much hype..hopefully I canfind a 07 in the wonderful blue. If not might try a 14..

(Tybalt71 @ Jun. 27 2007,21:43) I dont care what it loks like, i lik e the 12:5 C/R up 1.5 from old Busa, same 81mm pistons with dual injectors, 1340 cc, this bike is going to move !!!!!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif
+1 I have a feeling that black one is going to be mine in the near future...(not getting rid of my '06 black/grey though!)

They should keep the current busa .. in the line up as the "Classic" and keep selling um. After all we still have ppL that loves the current Busas it be sad to let it go. If i want 200hp.. id pony up for the 1397 and be happy with a beautiful bike that has huge ballz.

I'm running my 5th summer with my 02 black LE....I was really looking forward to upgrading after 5 years. I like the blue/black scheme, but I've got to see one in person before I jump.

I was pretty impressed by alot of the upgrades....dual fans, new swing arm, new oil coolers, map selector, hydraulic cam tensioner, and more. ....but man I don't know about the back end.

The front corner shot looks pretty awesome though....and I know the things going to haul some serious butt..

I don't know.....we'll see

I voted not bad. My wife has a volkswagen bug. Might look like relatives park next to each other. Hah

I wonder if the current aftermarket full exhaust will fit.....gotta swtch that ugly exhaust immediately

Would you be able to have a power commander on there with the map selector or would the selector have to be disabled?

(UR IT! @ Jun. 27 2007,22:10) I wonder if the current aftermarket full exhaust will fit.....gotta swtch that ugly exhaust immediately
Any exhaust mod will have to accomodate the smog controls.

want to see it in person.but the wife says she likes and wants me to have one.so there will be a blue one in my garage when they get here.now just need to save some more $$$ for some chrome or silver rims.set of cams and new exhaust and power commander. then she will definately be flyin. AAAssjani.gif but im still keeping my 03 for all out smokin peoples arses.

(newmill @ Jun. 27 2007,23:18)
(UR IT! @ Jun. 27 2007,22:10) I wonder if the current aftermarket full exhaust will fit.....gotta swtch that ugly exhaust immediately
Are you trying to say no more Akrapovic full race?

(UR IT! @ Jun. 28 2007,02:29)
(newmill @ Jun. 27 2007,23:18)
Are you trying to say no more Akrapovic full race?
I doubt Suzuki would piss off all the aftermarket guys by eliminating one of the very first mods anyone does to a bike, and believe me, THAT would be the first mod for me. I'm reserving total judgment until I see it in person but I have to say, I fell in love with the original the first time I saw it. Gonna have to warm up to this, though. I like the upgrades (twin fans, slipper clutch, compression increase) and some of the lesser ones, (gear indicator, integrated turn signals, lowered seat) but I was really expecting more with the styling. But then again, to upgrade the hp/performance without going to a 1500 I suppose there's only so much you can do with the aerodynamics. Still, a bit disappointing. Anyone have torque numbers?

That all said... there is no way in hell I'm selling my '99.
Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back