What do you think?

never seen cops on a ghost bike, but i have started to see them on BMWs not just harleys anymore.... i know in victoria bc, there is a red honda civic with the whole fast and furious treatment that the cops use to bait racers

Because they're so bada$$ they'll outrun crown vics and malibus, and therefore anything else on the road...:rofl::rofl:

its because ford has stopped production of the crown vic, and the charger is one of few vehicles that has a police interceptor package (hotrodded motor and suspension, just like the crown vic) and is still rear wheel drive... american and canadian cops prefer the rwd (there was a study done on this) that why the malibus and impalas never caugt on... fwd

its because ford has stopped production of the crown vic, and the charger is one of few vehicles that has a police interceptor package (hotrodded motor and suspension, just like the crown vic) and is still rear wheel drive... american and canadian cops prefer the rwd (there was a study done on this) that why the malibus and impalas never caugt on... fwd

The whole "police interceptor" package was bs anyway. Stiffer springs for carrying more weight, re-enforced floorpans, keyed alike doors and ignition, and no engine upgrades for the crown vic or the mustang, as both came stock with dual exhaust. It just made the cops feel extra cool:laugh:(a small number of the crown vics did come with a hand brake as opposed to the pedal park brake)
The charger's a little faster than the rest, but not by much.
The cops also feel cooler peelin out after you in a rwd car:rofl:
Bottom line, you're either gonna stop or you're not, no matter what's chasing you.:laugh::beerchug:

The whole "police interceptor" package was bs anyway. Stiffer springs for carrying more weight, re-enforced floorpans, keyed alike doors and ignition, and no engine upgrades for the crown vic or the mustang, as both came stock with dual exhaust. It just made the cops feel extra cool:laugh:(a small number of the crown vics did come with a hand brake as opposed to the pedal park brake)
The charger's a little faster than the rest, but not by much.
The cops also feel cooler peelin out after you in a rwd car:rofl:
Bottom line, you're either gonna stop or you're not, no matter what's chasing you.:laugh::beerchug:

ill admit its not a whole lot but
The Police Interceptor is equipped with an external oil-to-coolant heat exchanger to reduce engine oil temperatures, allowing the vehicles to idle for extended lengths of time without overheating. This engine oil cooler can be prone to seeping oil from the O-ring seals after the high mileage operation encountered by Police Interceptors, particularly where damaged by road salt.[5]
The Police Interceptor engine calibration comprises a slightly higher idle speed (by approximately 40 rpm) and minor changes in the emissions settings. The computer is tuned for more aggressive transmission shift points, and the transmission itself is built for firmer and harder shifts.
The 2006 present Police Interceptors equipped with a 3.27:1 and a 3.55:1 rear axle ratio from the factory that is electronically limited to 120 mph (193 km/h) due to the lower driveline-critical vehicle speed, while the Police Interceptors equipped with a 3.27:1 rear axle ratio have generally been limited to approximately 130 mph (209 km/h). This compares to 110 mph (177 km/h) for the "civilian" model.[6]
Ford used an aluminum metal matrix composite driveshaft for the 1993–2005 Police Interceptors as a measure to allow safe operation at over 150 mph (241 km/h), but it was more expensive than the regular aluminum driveshafts. Ford reintroduced the 3.55:1 rear axle ratio in the 2006 model year Police Interceptors, and set the speed limiter at 120 mph (193 km/h) to reduce the risk of driveline failure.
Police Interceptors also have a reinforced frame and body mounts and an optional limited slip rear differential.
if you drive a cop car and a civi model back to back, you will notice the difference, youd be surprised how much different shift points can make

ill admit its not a whole lot but
The Police Interceptor is equipped with an external oil-to-coolant heat exchanger to reduce engine oil temperatures, allowing the vehicles to idle for extended lengths of time without overheating. This engine oil cooler can be prone to seeping oil from the O-ring seals after the high mileage operation encountered by Police Interceptors, particularly where damaged by road salt.[5]
The Police Interceptor engine calibration comprises a slightly higher idle speed (by approximately 40 rpm) and minor changes in the emissions settings. The computer is tuned for more aggressive transmission shift points, and the transmission itself is built for firmer and harder shifts.
The 2006 present Police Interceptors equipped with a 3.27:1 and a 3.55:1 rear axle ratio from the factory that is electronically limited to 120 mph (193 km/h) due to the lower driveline-critical vehicle speed, while the Police Interceptors equipped with a 3.27:1 rear axle ratio have generally been limited to approximately 130 mph (209 km/h). This compares to 110 mph (177 km/h) for the "civilian" model.[6]
Ford used an aluminum metal matrix composite driveshaft for the 1993–2005 Police Interceptors as a measure to allow safe operation at over 150 mph (241 km/h), but it was more expensive than the regular aluminum driveshafts. Ford reintroduced the 3.55:1 rear axle ratio in the 2006 model year Police Interceptors, and set the speed limiter at 120 mph (193 km/h) to reduce the risk of driveline failure.
Police Interceptors also have a reinforced frame and body mounts and an optional limited slip rear differential.
if you drive a cop car and a civi model back to back, you will notice the difference, youd be surprised how much different shift points can make

I did forget about the oil cooler and different gear ratios. Ford had a recall on crush sleeves in the 8.8's for alot of models years ago, I remember the 3.55s and 3.08s common in the crown vics.:beerchug:
My brain is now burning as I've been forced to recall things:laugh:

lol all good, i got the exact info from wiki... just knew there was a noticeable difference cuz one of my buddys is always at the city auctions picking up ex police cars(wannabe cop, but a huge pot head), and i have driven them back to back with a civi model:beerchug:

As a former Ford mechanic I had to test drive several sheriff and statey crown vics(years have past since then, hate on haters:laugh:).
The speedometers were always thoroughly tested as the rear ends may have whined at top speed...but they never did, who knew:dunno:
Talk about easy driving too, everybody gets out of your way:rofl:

Back