What do you think?

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
Up here in Washington the highway patrol uses sport cars like mustangs to entice people to race on the freeways every so often. When they do this they have a marked car follow a mile or two behind and make the arrest if someone falls for the trap. I have seen this happen, but I was warned about it first so I didn't take the bait and the car passed and went lookin for his next victim. Has anybody heard of cops doing this on sportbikes in your areas. I just thought about them doing this on bikes and it gave me the chills. I am just hoping that they would think it is too dangerous to do on bikes. Opinions?

Never heard of it, doesn't mean it's not a practice. Cops would never do anything dangerous

Gulf Breeze and Pensacola police used to tailgate riders across the 3 mile bridge just to get tham to speed up or make an illegal lane change. The theory by the cops is that if an unmarked Tahoe is within 5 feet off your rear tire at 55 mph then the rider would speed up or change lanes inappropriatly so they could have a reason to pull them over. It is very much common practice down there.

Gulf Breeze and Pensacola police used to tailgate riders across the 3 mile bridge just to get tham to speed up or make an illegal lane change. The theory by the cops is that if an unmarked Tahoe is within 5 feet off your rear tire at 55 mph then the rider would speed up or change lanes inappropriatly so they could have a reason to pull them over. It is very much common practice down there.

If I was in my car I might accidentally hit the brake. Ouch! my neck hurts.:laugh:

Not cool at all!!!

It happened to me the other day. A new 5.0 mustang came up next to me revving it's engine and all that. I floored it and my 4cyl Acccord pulled away from him. I saw lights come on on the dash in the stang and in two other cars behind it. I gave it some more gas and just flat out left them all like they were sitting still right there on the hgwy!

Must have been the Hayabusa.org sticker on my back window that made me so fast!

True story! :)

Seen the Mustang thing happen on the way back to the motel from the Indy MotoGP race a coupla years ago. Red GT going along and some guy in a ricer, fart canned Celica or some such next to him drops a gear and takes off, Mustang all of a sudden lit up like a red and blue Christmas tree. They were heading onto the shoulder as I went by. Cop didn't start it that time, but he sure finished it.:laugh:

ha there are 3 state police that live in the town i do and they all drive muscle cars on duty, a mustang cobra light blue with silver stripes, a camaro and a charger. on my way home from school here comes the blue stang, comes right up beside me and starts revving trying to get me to race, but i know the car ( only one i have seen in that color) so i just shake my head and he takes off, about 5 miles down the road he has a gsxr pulled over.

I got stopped last week by a state trooper. He pulled down from the on ramp and hauled ass to get behind me. I was running with traffic. When he pulled me he asked why I was speeding and if I knew how fast I was going , so I told him the truth. I'm on my way home and just cruising I was running 73, its a 65 mph zone. He says no you were going a bit faster. I say ok and give him my license he says he will give me a warning and walks toward his car. I ask. How fast did you clock me, he turns around and says "if I tell you I will have to give you a ticket" I look at him with confusion and he says that they don't want people going around telling people they got clocked at X-mph and didn't get a ticket. I say ok then he walks to.his car never gets in and comes back hands my license and says I'm just gonna give you a warning cause my computer just locked up. Then he asks how old I am. I tell him 40 he says ok have a good day and gets in his car and leaves The funny thing is, he never got in his car to see the computer. I think he was just pulling me to see how I would react. Surprised him I wasn't some young kid
Posted via Mobile Device

I got stopped last week by a state trooper. He pulled down from the on ramp and hauled ass to get behind me. I was running with traffic. When he pulled me he asked why I was speeding and if I knew how fast I was going , so I told him the truth. I'm on my way home and just cruising I was running 73, its a 65 mph zone. He says no you were going a bit faster. I say ok and give him my license he says he will give me a warning and walks toward his car. I ask. How fast did you clock me, he turns around and says "if I tell you I will have to give you a ticket" I look at him with confusion and he says that they don't want people going around telling people they got clocked at X-mph and didn't get a ticket. I say ok then he walks to.his car never gets in and comes back hands my license and says I'm just gonna give you a warning cause my computer just locked up. Then he asks how old I am. I tell him 40 he says ok have a good day and gets in his car and leaves The funny thing is, he never got in his car to see the computer. I think he was just pulling me to see how I would react. Surprised him I wasn't some young kid
Posted via Mobile Device

He was a jackass! :lol:

Only vaguely related, but is it just me or is every podunk PD in the country now stocked to the gills with Dodge Chargers? I do most of my riding in rural areas in the mountainous middle of nowhere, and they are all OVER the place. My little two-light hometown has a whole fleet of them.

Only vaguely related, but is it just me or is every podunk PD in the country now stocked to the gills with Dodge Chargers? I do most of my riding in rural areas in the mountainous middle of nowhere, and they are all OVER the place. My little two-light hometown has a whole fleet of them.

Because they're so bada$$ they'll outrun crown vics and malibus, and therefore anything else on the road...:rofl::rofl:

Back