What do you think of my Busa?

I feel ya on the ext. arm brah-I flipped mine back in June, and I live in a large city with no real 'twisties' to speak of...have to take a 15-min. trip to get to ride like that.....and at 6'7" I can knee-drag in a corner at 40mph if I felt like it.
Im a straight-liner like yourself, and I just dropped mine 1" front/rear to help with the take-offs, but I am planning on goin longer-not sure if Im going big (240 or wider) on a new arm, or just some extensions and new CF rims...but definitely gonna stretch it out.
I like all your chrome work-but it'd be great if I could see some of it up closer.

sweet bike dude.
beerchug.gif

Sweet bike. I am not one for the extended swing arm, but I do appreciate looking at those who do have em. A big ole 300 or bigger would look really sweet out back there.

Oh yeah, really love the color too! You gonna chrome that kickstand?

This is another picture, I would like a 240 but I don't have that kind of cash if you know what I mean. These pictures should be better quality.

hj.JPG

I installed new Galfer Break & Clutch Lines last week. I would recommend them to every Hayabusa owner. They make the bike stop unbelievably compared to the stock lines.

22.JPG

(usn04limited @ Sep. 17 2006,02:54) Ok,
 Here is my honest opinion.  I don't really care for it.  Let me be more specific, I don't like the extended swingarm.  The blue/black/chrome is georgous.  The extension degrades your handling.  The 'Busa, in my opinon, is the perfect balance of straight line speed, comfort and handling.  We do little things to increase one of those areas, that has a minimal affect of the others.  With that extension, you need 2 parking lots to turn.  I am not trying to be offensive, just give you what you asked for.

Don
Obviously you have never ridden an extended bike. The Busa's turn fine extended and they handle great too even with a 6" stretch. The biggest problem is dragging parts from being lowered. U-turns? No problem. Yeah, it's alittle me difficult, but you adjust.

Yeah, I have to get a new undertail because I have mine dropped 2 inch in the back and I ate a hole right through my storage compartment. By getting a undertail will that increase the clearance between the tire and plastic? It also scraped everytime I go over a speed bump or out of my drive way, you have to be very careful about how you ride.

i think it is a sharp bike , except for the ext swingarm, but all that matters is if you like it.

(GMbusa @ Sep. 17 2006,21:26)
(usn04limited @ Sep. 17 2006,02:54) Ok,
 Here is my honest opinion.  I don't really care for it.  Let me be more specific, I don't like the extended swingarm.  The blue/black/chrome is georgous.  The extension degrades your handling.  The 'Busa, in my opinon, is the perfect balance of straight line speed, comfort and handling.  We do little things to increase one of those areas, that has a minimal affect of the others.  With that extension, you need 2 parking lots to turn.  I am not trying to be offensive, just give you what you asked for.

Don
Obviously you have never ridden an extended bike. The Busa's turn fine extended and they handle great too even with a 6" stretch. The biggest problem is dragging parts from being lowered. U-turns? No problem. Yeah, it's alittle me difficult, but you adjust.
Very much to my surprise i found that exact phrase to hold much truth. After reading thread after thread after thread telling me if/when I stretched out the busa I could kiss turns goodbye I found it to not be that accurate. Yes, I am sure taking a 12" stretched Busa @ 50mph through the Tail of the Dragon would be an exercise in suicide, On the street my 4" stretch is not problematic. I don't do Twisities ('cause my b@!!s haven't dropped) but regular street riding (leaving 1/4 to 3/8" chicken strips on the rear tire) the bike does just fine.

Great lookin bike, love the color and chrome goodies. What kind of times and speeds you run at the drag strip? Any pics of you at the strip?
beerchug.gif

Here is a picture at MAW, a local track we have here. It's only a 1/8th mile though so that sucks. I run right around a 6.60, though that was with out the extended arm. I have not tested it yet though I will. I should be faster but I am always afraid of flipping it or losing it so that's why I extended it.
rant.gif

1032183103_l.jpg

Nice work brother.

You have enough chrome and dropped just right.

You should try a transparent blue powder coat on some of your parts to break things up more.

Right now it doesnt stand out and thats what I go for.

Back