What do you Gen II guys do for luggage?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I have a set of saddle bags that worked great on Gen I, but since the tail on the Gen II is different, I am not real excited about using the soft bags. Do I just tape her up and run with what I have? Hard bags are not an option, I dont like them. So I keep what I have or use backpacks? What do you do? Keep in mind, I ride 2 up so I cant have a tail bag.

Use what you have and use blue painters tape over the tail, don't look the best but it works

What about the saddlebag straps? If your riding a passenger do they sit on top of the straps?
Posted via Mobile Device

What about the saddlebag straps? If your riding a passenger do they sit on top of the straps?
Posted via Mobile Device

The straps on my bags fit under the seat on my Gen I, havent tried them on the new one yet. I hope she wont have to sit on the straps.

My softbags adjusted and worked just fine on the Gen II, but if you need to keep this from Juli just delete my post :laugh:

The soft bag strap won't fit under the GenII rear seat like Gen1 does . Mine wouldn't anyway and i didn't want to trim plastic.

On my Honda " where straps don't fit under seat either " I measured then cut the soft bag strap . Doubled the cut end, then used large ID brass eyelets " like you see on tarps - leather work " then pinned the strap ends under the passenger grab bar bolts. That might work on the GenII.

The soft bag strap won't fit under the GenII rear seat like Gen1 does . Mine wouldn't anyway and i didn't want to trim plastic.

On my Honda " where straps don't fit under seat either " I measured then cut the soft bag strap . Doubled the cut end, then used large ID brass eyelets " like you see on tarps - leather work " then pinned the strap ends under the passenger grab bar bolts. That might work on the GenII.

Thats interesting, do you have any pics of it?

No change. The RKA Saddlebags fit beautifully on the Gen-II.

Put the 3M film on your bike on the tail. (pics kind of suck from last weekend but it never stopped raining)

Buy Now: Motorcycle Saddlebags - Expandable RKA Soft Luggage for your bike | Pashnit Moto

Dsc04384.jpg

Dsc04479.jpg

Dsc04515.jpg

Dsc04384.jpg

Dsc04479.jpg

Dsc04515.jpg

Cool Tim, thanks. You have PM about the droid mount you have. I needs one. :laugh:

Hmm, my straps also velcro to each other. I will have to play with it later. With the way the rear end is made, it will push into the bag and not leave a lot of room for clothes and stuff. Ah! Maybe I need to get ventura rack system and just use a bag that fits behind the passenger.

Hmm, my straps also velcro to each other. I will have to play with it later. With the way the rear end is made, it will push into the bag and not leave a lot of room for clothes and stuff. Ah! Maybe I need to get ventura rack system and just use a bag that fits behind the passenger.

James, both bikes have rather bulbous rear ends on the sides. I thought the Gen-II a little more protruded into the bag a bit. But n the end, I packed my kit last weekend and didn't take any less stuff than I normally do.

Yes, we also offer the Ventura Rack System which a lot of members have which is the opposite solution to soft bags.

Ventura Rack Systems & Luggage

mrx_1.jpg

mrx_1.jpg

Back