What are you using for a tank cover? GEN 2

Busa Steve

Registered
Hello I’ve searched this topic and the posts are really old with links that are dead. I’m looking to buy a Hayabusa tank cover (either half cover or full) made of leather. I see that bagster sells them but they’re all located in the EU. What source have you found that is a reliable place to buy a hayabusa tank cover for a 2019? Thank you so much. I will delete this post if I didn’t research hard enough or use the search tool correctly.

Welcome.....

I did a little research on this myself for you and it does appear all the covers are in France or abroad....

I know there are a few on this forum that use them so hopefully one will chime in and help you out.

If you plan on sticking around, perhaps take a trot over to the new owners thread and insert a picture of your ride....

Check out my thread.

I removed this one from the bike. It fit well but I don't like them. Not sure why you would prefer leather.

Check out my thread.

I removed this one from the bike. It fit well but I don't like them. Not sure why you would prefer leather.
Doesn’t need to be. I just assume that’s what the bagster covers are made of. Would you sell that half cover in your photo?

I had a bagster on my old busa, they looked good in White, you could put your helmet on it and it wouldn't slide off and the little latches at the front were perfect for sunglasses. Haven't got one yet for the current maroon bike. There is no advantage to leather, if it gets wet and doesn't dry right it will contract too. Forget the image thing in your own mind, most people confused mine with leather, the impressed grain looks identical.

back in the day-24.jpg

I had a bagster on my old busa, they looked good in White, you could put your helmet on it and it wouldn't slide off and the little latches at the front were perfect for sunglasses. Haven't got one yet for the current maroon bike. There is no advantage to leather, if it gets wet and doesn't dry right it will contract too. Forget the image thing in your own mind, most people confused mine with leather, the impressed grain looks identical.

View attachment 1683444
Thanks for your reply. Amazing looking bike in white and grays on your maroon bike!

Thanks for your reply. Amazing looking bike in white and grays on your maroon bike!
Thanks, I though it was too, limited edition, gunmetal grey rims and Pearl white, a color that changes with the lighting. Those scorpion pipes were on it when I got it and suited it well. First, and only major thing I did, was have the fork springs changed for my weight. No need to mod the guts out of some bikes hey. I bought a Yamaha T7 a couple of years back and it needed serious mods, steering damper, pegs, exhaust can for weight reduction, crash bars, the list goes on and on.

Post pix when you have the cover on hey, would love to see it.

Thanks, I though it was too, limited edition, gunmetal grey rims and Pearl white, a color that changes with the lighting. Those scorpion pipes were on it when I got it and suited it well. First, and only major thing I did, was have the fork springs changed for my weight. No need to mod the guts out of some bikes hey. I bought a Yamaha T7 a couple of years back and it needed serious mods, steering damper, pegs, exhaust can for weight reduction, crash bars, the list goes on and on.

IMG_3232.jpeg

IMG_3233.jpeg

IMG_3473.png

I will post pics with the full bagster tank cover for sure. Thanks again! I also just bought the hayabusa 2 months ago, it’s been my favorite bike by far. Bought it with 1800 miles for $10,000 Gen 2 2019

Ordered mine through your link. Thank you very much for your reply.

Nicely done. Did you also get a Bagster tankbag? I have several. I like to buy them off eBay used to save a few bucks. Nice thing is they are universal to the covers. I've used the same tankbag with multiple bikes.

Back