What are you doing to offset price increases?

How much does Australia/Oceania import I wonder? Everything they import is subject to global prices the same as everything they export....

If the import supply line gets cut I wonder if they would be better off than anyone else?
I'm not too up on what they import. Probably gas and oil. I don't think they are blessed with that resource. But they are big exporters of dairy and textiles. Their remoteness is what keeps them out of trouble. It's hard as hell to get and stay there if you're an enemy.

And I dealt with them from a military and defense infrastructure for a time. They are very capable and tenacious. Crossing them would be at great peril.

I'm not too up on what they import. Probably gas and oil. I don't think they are blessed with that resource. But they are big exporters of dairy and textiles. Their remoteness is what keeps them out of trouble. It's hard as hell to get and stay there if you're an enemy.

And I dealt with them from a military and defense infrastructure for a time. They are very capable and tenacious. Crossing them would be at great peril.
I worked with the A/SAS for a bit and yep, they are much like our guys-small but mighty.....they used to call our guys "crazy"......

It would be like an enemy trying to come into either of our countries and invade it....they had better have a miraculous supply line...just the fuel alone would be staggering not to mention trying to take and hold a city the size of LA would take an entire military force...just to do that....imagine trying to even take New York....and holding it would be impossible...

That's why nukes became so popular...

I worked with the A/SAS for a bit and yep, they are much like our guys-small but mighty.....they used to call our guys "crazy"......

It would be like an enemy trying to come into either of our countries and invade it....they had better have a miraculous supply line...just the fuel alone would be staggering not to mention trying to take and hold a city the size of LA would take an entire military force...just to do that....imagine trying to even take New York....and holding it would be impossible...

We built an aircraft called the 111 Ardvark. It was a multirole supersonic wicked platform. It had lots of tech. Ahead of its time by decades.

It was the chosen platform for the development of what we know as smart bombs. It also had a Terrian Following Radar that was it's secret sauce. You could set it at 250' hard ride and it would outfly the crews digestive system with ease.

So those crazy bastards wanted a different variant of it. Drop the smart bomb system. We can manage that. Take out all of the Inertial and guidance tech. We will keep the TFR. But we want it to go as low as 50'. Keep the swing wings.

It weighed about 15,000 lbs less.

And we invited them to a NATO bombing competition in Scotland. They flew those from Australia to Europe with Maps and compasses. And refueled all along the way using our support aircraft. They don't fly it anywhere besides Australia so that was all like never done by them stuff.

Got there. To compete with our version of the same plane, plus the brand spanking new at the time F-16. The Brits, The Germans, and the Swedes. And they were all practicing for weeks for this competition. The Aussies had never seen the geography before getting there.

Those crazy bastids were flying TFR 100' hard rides at supersonic speeds. They were coming back with bits and pieces of vegetation, flying faster and lower than everyone and hitting targets by windage and human calculation skills.

The "rules" were no one was to exceed Mach since the defenders couldn't go faster than Mach. It was also against NATO rules over land The Swedes were the intercept teams. They got points for intercepting. They ran grids. They always engaged to a greater or lesser degree based on weather, location and skills.

The Aussies would come back and get chewed out for breaking the rules. They were doing Mach 1.5 like it was cruise control. The Swedes we're like Holy Hell they flew under us going so fast we were never going to even get a chance at vectoring to them.

The Aussies would laugh and say....Wait you Blokes think war should have rules!" Mate intercept us or get out of the way, we got Pubs to visit.

We were like where the hell are they getting parts of plants on them. They'd buzz the sheep pastures when they were getting bored.....lol. They'd go "Yeah we might have cut our pull ups over the trees a little close there a few times. And umm You lot might be getting some angry farmers calling. I think we may have hit our afterburners a little to close to some sheep once or twice.

Some of THE best pilots the world never heard about.

They were an amazingly fun group to work with.

Last edited:
We built an aircraft called the 111 Ardvark. It was a multirole supersonic wicked platform. It had lots of tech. Ahead of its time by a decades.

It was the chosen platform for the development of what we know as smart bombs. It also had a Terrian Following Radar that was it's secret sauce. You could set it at 250' hard ride and it would outfly the crews digestive system with ease.

So those crazy bastards wanted a different variant of it. Drop the smart bomb system. We can manage that. Take out all of the Inertial and guidance tech. We will keep the TFR. But we want it to go as low as 50'. Keep the swing wings.

It weighed about 15,000 lbs less.

And we invited them to a NATO bombing competition in Scotland. They flew those from Australia to Europe with Maps and compasses. And refueled all along the way using our support aircraft. They don't fly it anywhere besides Australia so that was all like never done by them stuff.

Got there. To compete with our version of the same plane, plus the brand spanking new at the time F-16. The Brits, The Germans, and the Swedes. And they were all practicing for weeks for this competition. The Aussies had never seen the geography before getting there.

Those crazy bastids were flying 100' hard rides at supersonic speeds. They were coming back with bits and pieces of vegetation, flying faster and lower than everyone and hitting targets by windage and human calculation skills.

The "rules" were no one was to exceed Mach since the defenders couldn't go faster than Mach. The Swedes we're the intercept teams. They got points for intercepting.

The Aussies would come back and get chewed out for breaking the rules. They were doing 1.5 like it was cruise control. The Swedes we're like Holy Hell they flew under us going so fast we were never going to even get a chance.

The Aussies would laugh and say....Wait you Blokes think war should have rules!" Mate intercept us or get out of the way, we got Pubs to visit.

We were like where the hell are they getting parts of plants on them. They'd buzz the sheep pastures when they were getting bored.....lol. They'd go "Yeah we might have cut our pull ups over the trees a little close there a few times. And umm You lot might be getting some angry farmers calling. I think we may have hit our afterburners a little to close to some sheep once or twice.

Some of THE best pilots the world never heard about.

They were an amazingly fun group to work with.
I said the same thing about some of the US helo pilots, some of them were crazy....there were times I was very, very happy to get out of a helicopter when they were flying.

I worked with special forces and regular forces all across the world, I've met and worked with some very seriously demented individuals from all over the place...

I always liked working with the Aussies though, they were a lot like us here in Canada...I worked with a few Kiwis which were similar..

I worked with a guy in the late 70s/80s who flew helos in Vietnam. Did a lot of medevac work in and out of hot zones. He also worked a lot transporting ROK marines, some of the toughest guys he ever knew.
They had to be....that was a heck of a place for helos as you and @michael parris heuberger and @kim windsor can attest to...

Probably some of the pilots that flew us were former Viet Nam pilots....they could certainly fly those things...

They had to be....that was a heck of a place for helos as you and @michael parris heuberger and @kim windsor can attest to...

Probably some of the pilots that flew us were former Viet Nam pilots....they could certainly fly those things...
Hi. Some of the pilots that went over in 65 and 66 did not know how to fly by instruments. To say the least it was f?#/<>& wild to be flying in a valley in fog and you could not see where we were going. You could fly right into a mountain side. We would also cut tree branches with the rotors on the way down and on the way up. At night w. e would watch the tracers as they tried to hit us. It looked like a hot wave as they floated along. One time we came home with 90 holes going in and they did not hit anything vital or I may not be typing this. Let's just say our bird was not 100% to government spec. It had non approved mods.

Hi. Some of the pilots that went over in 65 and 66 did not know how to fly by instruments. To say the least it was f?#/<>& wild to be flying in a valley in fog and you could not see where we were going. You could fly right into a mountain side. We would also cut tree branches with the rotors on the way down and on the way up. At night w. e would watch the tracers as they tried to hit us. It looked like a hot wave as they floated along. One time we came home with 90 holes going in and they did not hit anything vital or I may not be typing this. Let's just say our bird was not 100% to government spec. It had non approved mods.
@michael parris heuberger .

You might relate to this. I transport regularly a 64-66 era vet. He was over the "boundaries" where we were supposed to be. Laos, Cambodia etc. Special Ops. He got heavily exposed to agent orange from that. It ended up effing him up years later. He has survived cancer and various other maladies. And now has advanced Parkinsons. Dude is never going to be able to enjoy the rest of his years. And he fought his heart out for his country.

I feel bad for how he has been treated by the govt.

He had to sue them for healthcare.

He ended up winning 54 years of back pay and is now 100% rated. But it's a lot too late to matter much now.

You might relate to this. I transport regularly a 64-66 era vet. He was over the "boundaries" where we were supposed to be. Laos, Cambodia etc. Special Ops. He got heavily exposed to agent orange from that. It ended up effing him up years later. He has survived cancer and various other maladies. And now has advanced Parkinsons. Dude is never going to be able to enjoy the rest of his years. And he fought his heart out for his country.

He ended up winning 54 years of back pay and is now 100% rated. But it's a lot too late to matter much now.
My cousin was the same....had to fight for his exposure to agent orange...VA looked after him very well in every other way though.....sadly he lost his fight with life.

There are a ton of benefits available from the VA and our own VAC here in Canada...

Hi. I was stabbed in my right hand in hand to hand combat. It was my 1st day in the field. A little over 2 years later I was hit by shapnel from what I believe came from a 51 cal Chinese machine gun while on a Dust-off mission. I did not apply for my benefits till my early 60's. It was after a stolen car came off an overpass on Rt 10 in Texas. It was being chased by the poleice. It killed my girl friend and I fractured my back in 8 places. I went to the VA doc they checked me out and the doc said I would get it. Then they sent me to shrink and he said I have PTSD so I 100% for my back and + 10% for the PTSD. So the VA did me OK.

Hi. I was stabbed in my right hand in hand to hand combat. It was my 1st day in the field. A little over 2 years later I was hit by shapnel from what I believe came from a 51 cal Chinese machine gun while on a Dust-off mission. I did not apply for my benefits till my early 60's. It was after a stolen car came off an overpass on Rt 10 in Texas. It was being chased by the poleice. It killed my girl friend and I fractured my back in 8 places. I went to the VA doc they checked me out and the doc said I would get it. Then they sent me to shrink and he said I have PTSD so I 100% for my back and + 10% for the PTSD. So the VA did me OK.
Amazing you got rated outside of service connected. Even more amazing is that PTSD is only a 10 rating.

200.gif

Back