Multistage boost controllers - price increase

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
As everyone probably knows by now, the price on NLR's AMS1000 Multistage Boost Controller was raised to $950 several months ago. POWERHOUSE has installed many of these controllers, and they work very well. We also carry and have installed many MSBC-1 Multistage Boost Controllers, which work just as well and cost less. I am sorry to say that the MSBC-1 has also undergone a price increase - retail on this box is now $795 - a little more than I like, but still a great controller. POWERHOUSE will be offering these controllers to org members for $750. with free shipping.:beerchug:

AMS 1000 only
sorry Frank what works works

#1 - don't sh** on my posts. #2 - the MSBC-1 is every bit as good a boost controller as the AMS1000 is, I should know I use them both. I have the AMS1000 on both of my turbo busas, and I like them a lot. The MSBC-1 does one thing BETTER than the AMS, and that is it works better in the GPS mode. The AMS is over-engineered in this area, and has trouble finding the proper gear voltages, the MSBC-1 does not. It works on every bike every time.:laugh:

#1 - don't sh** on my posts. #2 - the MSBC-1 is every bit as good a boost controller as the AMS1000 is, I should know I use them both. I have the AMS1000 on both of my turbo busas, and I like them a lot. The MSBC-1 does one thing BETTER than the AMS, and that is it works better in the GPS mode. The AMS is over-engineered in this area, and has trouble finding the proper gear voltages, the MSBC-1 does not. It works on every bike every time.:laugh:

Right on, my AMS 1000 doesnt like GPS very well. Hey Frank, i was looking to attach an air bottle to my AMS instead of trying to source air from the turbo.

Any suggestion on the bottle, connections, lines ect?

I know i would need a way to decrease pressure from the bottle and a way to read the bottle PSI and the line PSI..

I was thinking about just getting a paintball bottle (maybe like 1lb) and then trial and error the valves... i know thats not smart so im gonna bother people who have those controllers hooked up and see what works for them...

Right on, my AMS 1000 doesnt like GPS very well. Hey Frank, i was looking to attach an air bottle to my AMS instead of trying to source air from the turbo.

Any suggestion on the bottle, connections, lines ect?

I know i would need a way to decrease pressure from the bottle and a way to read the bottle PSI and the line PSI..

I was thinking about just getting a paintball bottle (maybe like 1lb) and then trial and error the valves... i know thats not smart so im gonna bother people who have those controllers hooked up and see what works for them...

Greg beat me to it, Matt at Cycletek. If you already have a bottle, you can at least get a great regulator to step that pressure down for your boost controller. Or if you wish, you can get the whole setup, bottle and all. I run one of Matt's setups on my shootout bike - one bottle with a dual regulator; one supplies air to my air shifter, and the other regulates the air down for the boost solenoids. Cycletek has great stuff . . .:beerchug:

Right on guys, thanks for the info. I shall give Matt a call or email.

I don't have any components yet, I wanted to ask around before I bought useless **** that wouldn't work or that would require 35 components to tie everything together.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back