What are you doing to offset price increases?

I insulated my garage a few years ago and even though it has 12' ceilings, you can heat it with a ceramic furnace about the size of a toaster even at -40'C as long as you don't open the big door that is...then it takes time to recover...I'm probably going to put a natural gas heater in it eventually.
I have a ceramic heater in my workshop. Can't use gas or oil in there as part of the workshop is used for spray painting.
It also has tons of insulation in it. I bought a upvc french double glazed doors that is a god send in the winter.
Keeping warm is a must.

200.gif

GDP just went negative by a HUGE drop.

Thanks Unca Joe!

So I'll stop eating. Stop using water and electricity. Stop using gas. Stop paying for sex.

I think I'll start robbing gas stations!

I'm already a cheap bastard...only go out to eat during family events, buy generic food brands, no heater during winter, A/C set to 80*F during summer, etc. I do a lot of shopping at Publix and Winn-Dixie so I started using their (digital) coupons over a year ago and I highly recommend that to everyone. My regular-sized fridge bit the dust a year ago and I bought a smaller "apartment" sized one, which forces me to choose my groceries wisely.

Sadly, it costs less for me to drive my car to work than take the busa since my hybrid so I have been riding less.

GDP just went negative by a HUGE drop.

Thanks Unca Joe!

So I'll stop eating. Stop using water and electricity. Stop using gas. Stop paying for sex.

I think I'll start robbing gas stations!
Why thank Unca Joe?

You do know this is happening globally, don’t you?
It’s not just a US thing. There are other countries out there.. lol
We are all in a similar boat at the moment.

Why thank Unca Joe?

That's a very good point right there....

The world is suffering post pandemic and during the unrest set up by the Ruskies invading Ukraine.......a move Russia will never recover from.

Why thank Unca Joe?

Because we are still the economic engine that the world relies on. When we fail, the rest follow.

I'm already a cheap bastard...only go out to eat during family events, buy generic food brands, no heater during winter, A/C set to 80*F during summer, etc. I do a lot of shopping at Publix and Winn-Dixie so I started using their (digital) coupons over a year ago and I highly recommend that to everyone. My regular-sized fridge bit the dust a year ago and I bought a smaller "apartment" sized one, which forces me to choose my groceries wisely.

Sadly, it costs less for me to drive my car to work than take the busa since my hybrid so I have been riding less.
Frugal my friend not cheap, that's what I keep telling myself.

Not necessarily.....but it's always good to think you are the center of the universe....

China, Taiwan and other countries like those are the economic engine now.

But don't worry, if the US fails, we'll be right there with you....
Feel free to check their economic standings. China is a powerhouse in a lot of ways. Until they lose a large consumer. That would be us.

China's economy is tanking. We can revisit this topic in about Aug timeframe. Thier markets will be in full correction around then.

The dollar is still the majority economic lifeblood of the world.

The mideast is doing better than we are. Again because we buy their oil like we breath oxygen.

And to your point on Russia. They have defaulted in their debt for the first time in a hundred years. That will ripple in July and affect us. We wanted them to fail, but didn't do a whole lot to protect ourselves from the consequences of it.

And according to Unca Joe we aren't in a recession. We are just cooling off our economy.

Hope you all have your winter jackets out.

Feel free to check their economic standings. China is a powerhouse in a lot of ways. Until they lose a large consumer. That would be us.

China's economy is tanking. We can revisit this topic in about Aug timeframe. Thier markets will be in full correction around then.

The mideast is doing better than we are. Again because we buy their oil like we breath oxygen.

And to your point on Russia. They have defaulted in their debt for the first time in a hundred years. That will ripple in July and affect us. We wanted them to fail, but didn't do a whole lot to protect ourselves from the consequences of it.

And according to Unca Joe we aren't in a recession. We are just cooling off our economy.

Just as a sidenote, Russia has the resources to pay their debt, but the west has blocked them from being able to get money out to do so. Even though they have technically defaulted, we've caused the default.

The global economy has taken a $hit kicking the last couple years and just when it had a chance to rebound the idiot in charge of Russia decided to make more of a mess of things...

When NATO countries are spending millions upon millions of dollars we don't have to support Ukraine when our economies were already in trouble, it adds to the turmoil of recovery...

Countries who are not involved in the Ukraine/Russia war will be able to rebound their economy somewhat and in some cases they might be quicker as they are supplying goods and services to the NATO countries (for a price of course).

Russia has been sanctioned and cancelled off the planet, for them to be defaulting on debt isn't a real surprise.

But, President Biden isn't running the country all by himself, he has a vast team of people doing that, he is just the mouth piece...his economists are feeding him the information we hear.

The global economy has taken a $hit kicking the last couple years and just when it had a chance to rebound the idiot in charge of Russia decided to make more of a mess of things...

When NATO countries are spending millions upon millions of dollars we don't have to support Ukraine when our economies were already in trouble, it adds to the turmoil of recovery...

Countries who are not involved in the Ukraine/Russia war will be able to rebound their economy somewhat and in some cases they might be quicker as they are supplying goods and services to the NATO countries (for a price of course).

Russia has been sanctioned and cancelled off the planet, for them to be defaulting on debt isn't a real surprise.

But, President Biden isn't running the country all by himself, he has a vast team of people doing that, he is just the mouth piece...his economists are feeding him the information we hear.
Actually I think Australia/Oceania will come out strong through all this. They have become pretty self sufficient in the past 20 years.

They don't cause trouble or get involved in it.

Actually I think Australia/Oceania will come out strong through all this. They have become pretty self sufficient in the past 20 years.

They don't cause trouble or get involved in it.
How much does Australia/Oceania import I wonder? Everything they import is subject to global prices the same as everything they export....

If the import supply line gets cut I wonder if they would be better off than anyone else?

Back