What 4 dinner christmas eve?

Going to the inlaws, she is french so we are having,

Garlic dipped boogers ( snails)
Some kind of foot cream ( Cheese)
home made french bread ( really good)
and various other stuf thats is pretty nasty.

Ham, rice and field peas with okra, maybe pumpkin pie..............forget the rest

Christmas Eve feast is a family tradition for this Sicilian family. We celebrate La Vigilia (the vigil) with the Feast of the Seven Fishes.
Though i don't go as far as the traditonal 7 fishes, (eel) my menu consists of Raw clams on the half shell, Shrimp, Smelt (bait to some people, but good floured and fried) Scallops, fried Cod and last but not least, Squid sauted and cooked in my spegetti sauce served over linguini..
Chrismas day is usually a stuffed pork roast smoked on the grill or a fresh Ham done the same way.

Christmas Eve feast is a family tradition for this Sicilian family. We celebrate La Vigilia (the vigil) with the Feast of the Seven Fishes.
Though i don't go as far as the traditonal 7 fishes, (eel) my menu consists of Raw clams on the half shell, Shrimp, Smelt (bait to some people, but good floured and fried) Scallops, fried Cod and last but not least, Squid sauted and cooked in my spegetti sauce served over linguini..
Chrismas day is usually a stuffed pork roast smoked on the grill or a fresh Ham done the same way.

So far I think im showing up @ your house.

I have had squid 1 time in mexico in a soup.

Back