Can we tak steak?

GEARJAMMER

Banned
I grilled these 2 prime ribeyes last night they had some aged prime like 30 days looks terrible but I hear its the killer.
I know theres steak house in Chicago storage room 4 steaks the walls r made of salt they age in there its top shelf steak house.
if u go 2 longhorns with somebody else get the porterhouse 4 2 they make the steak sauce tableside big old p house bring out sizzling on platter plenty 4 two.Heres pro tip everybody talks about marbling being so important it matters but the fat tells real story.You want snow white fat that's very good meat if has greyish tint prob a milk cow that dried up so they slaughterd or it lived on grass.I was hanging out on cooking board u think guys disagree on bike setups? try getting 2 cooks agree on proper steak cooking or bar b q its impossible.Some guys like use these fairly high $ cast iron pre seasoned skillets get oil super hot toss in salt+ pepper throw that bad boy in 2 min on each side I prefer grill but get it real hot 1st and if u do skillet method be warned going get ball smoke in your house when u toss steak in.

szy640.jpg

that's some top grade prime the aged prime ribeye was $26 pound :O
Whats your favorite +how u cook it?
just please please please don't tell me u make bar b q in oven like baked DONT DO IT!!!

Whats your favorite steakhouse? Me cork+cleaver local place all beef flown in from C.O. +BEST salad bar n town

2ntip8y.jpg

Best steakhouse in central florida is Christner's by far. Used to be Del Friscos, but they didn't want to change their menu as the franchise wanted (after 30 years!).
Best way to cook a steak is to grill it at a very high temp. I keep all 4 burners on hi untill it gets to 600, then turn the outsides down 1/2 and it stabilizes on my Kenmore. Make sure u cook it when it is room temp. About 3 mins, flip, 3 more, take out and put on plate. Serve after it cools about 15 mins to let the juices marinate itself. I use a generic all in one steak seasoning lightly, and viola!
Dam, now I'm hungry. Thanks.
Troy

Mine used to be Peter Lugers in Brooklyn before it was sold and new owners took over. Sparks in Manhattan was one of the best Ive had as well as Smith&Wollensky. All very pricey. Lugers is the by far the most imitated.

Mine used to be Peter Lugers in Brooklyn before it was sold and new owners took over. Sparks in Manhattan was one of the best Ive had as well as Smith&Wollensky. All very pricey. Lugers is the by far the most imitated.
I went to Peter Lugers last week and the steak sucked. It wasn't cooked properly and wasn't seasoned. The best thing was was the salad and the bacon.

I really think best steak u can have is grill your own from butcher store
I have to eat 1 good steak least every 2 weeks. sorry vegans:martin:

Back