What’s Going On in Your Garage

20220611_205658.jpg

Just need to tidy up the wires in the bags but she is done. Did a good walk away and you can hear it clear at 3/4 volume 5 houses down. My neighbors might hate me soon lol

View attachment 1655803

View attachment 1655804

View attachment 1655805

View attachment 1655806
That's a serious sound system for a bike...

I had a buddy who had a system in his big decker, he'd sometimes play the most obscure music just to make people look....I remember riding with him one time and he was playing Slim Whitman at full blast...he didn't even like Slim Whitman but he played it just annoy anyone he could...

He sure was a character....

Well I got er done! I took two days, cleaning the top side yesterday and the bottom today. Man those headers were nasty. So was the chain and the front of the motor but a lil Simple Green, WD40 and Plexus and it’s all clean and shiny. Topped off the tank and added a lil Seafoam as it was raining right up to my driveway when I got home. Had about a half gallon in the tank when I parked it last Sunday. 94 today and 90s and high 80s for the next week. Maybe I’ll take the Busa out this week and look for a curvy road sign.

Fuel system rebuild. Top to bottom. Just a teaser.

View attachment 1655886

View attachment 1655887

Fyi
That won't get the injectors clean.
You need to connect them to 12volts, momentarily, on and off quickly, to make them pulse/open, while spraying cleaner into them(don't leave the pos and neg connected constantly, or you risk burning them up).
Then turn the injector around and repeat, 'back flush' it.
This allows you to see if the spray pattern is correct, and if the injector is working properly.
This is the Only way to clean the gummed up and varnished gas inside the valve, if you don't open it with 12v...you can't completely clean inside them.
Soaking or ultra-sonic will not clean them there.
The screens may need replaced, and the o-rings definately should be.
A light coat of lube on the o-rings for install too, to prevent cuts, tears, or twisting.

Fyi
That won't get the injectors clean.
You need to connect them to 12volts, momentarily, on and off quickly, to make them pulse/open, while spraying cleaner into them(don't leave the pos and neg connected constantly, or you risk burning them up).
Then turn the injector around and repeat, 'back flush' it.
This allows you to see if the spray pattern is correct, and if the injector is working properly.
This is the Only way to clean the gummed up and varnished gas inside the valve, if you don't open it with 12v...you can't completely clean inside them.
Soaking or ultra-sonic will not clean them there.
The screens may need replaced, and the o-rings definately should be.
A light coat of lube on the o-rings for install too, to prevent cuts, tears, or twisting.
Thanks for the tip. I have an OTC injector pulser. I pulsed each one for 30 min while they were submerged, heated to 50c as well. As for the flushing, I'll do that tomorrow, after they soak over night. I had this fish gun left over from doing the wife's air conditioner. Figured it would work perfectly. I also have all new seals and screens for the injectors. I'm leaving no stone unturned on this one.

20220927_110407.jpg

Back