What’s Going On in Your Garage

SSGT_B

Registered
Ordered some audio for fat girl. New radio, speakers and 800w amp. Got to make her sing while turning gears. Also got the wife a new ride, her 12 Equinox was on the way out the door. Got a deal on a 23 Blazer , gets great fuel mileage and is pretty fast for a turbo 4

DB023EF7-3DCB-4AAD-92F1-F4B7E61BA935.jpeg

45329AA6-6DD4-4809-B550-28CAB14870F2.jpeg

KLX 230
aluminum debris rattling around fr sprocket, trapped by the guard, discovered during routine maint

V Strom 1000
nobody bought it! Ad pulled

Gen 2
What a beauty! Used ABS cement to repair cracking to nose at windscreen fastener pass-throughs, both sides. Yes, I did that, months ago during reassembly when I pulled the nose.

So i have a 2 car garage. One side is for the motorcycles. The other i just built out into a home gym. I can now do full body work outs in my garage. I put in a squat/bench rack combo with a built in pulley system for lats and other exercises. I also purchased a separate bench to do all dumbbells' exercises. Added a complete set of dumbbells' from 5 lbs to 50 lbs. I feel very old as i havent touched weights in 30 years honestly. I have done 2 days so far of working out and feel terrible. So ya my garage project in a nut shell.

About to rebuild the carburetors in this 1997 Suzuki Intruder 800 for a good friend's dad.
He's supposed to bring parts today.
It runs rough, it sat for a while, and they already cleaned the gas tank and put in a new battery.
He just wanted something cheap to cruise the country side...$500, kinda hard to beat, as it's really clean.
It has a full custom seat cover, and chrome auto parts store trim on the front fender(so dope).
I can't wait to ride it, lmao

20220915_214722.jpg

20220915_214747.jpg

20220915_214814.jpg

20220915_214826.jpg

20220915_214845.jpg

My 2000 Wide-Glide is still sleeping this year. Didn't even touch her this year...
My 2013 Ultra is my daily ride. She's still purring.
My 2010 Tri-Glide is at my brothers house. He is using her.
My 1987 Electra-Glide is in pieces. I have the front off replacing bulbs etc. Replacing the drive belt, and clutch now. Will be running good for next year. Hope to put some miles on her.
My 2004 Turbo bike is currently at Powerhouse in NY getting a bunch of stuff done. Microtech secondaries controller, RCC stuff, tires, new fuel lines, etc...tuning too!

What makes you keep a bike that you haven’t ridden all year? I’ve been considering selling the busa since I haven’t ridden that much. But at the same time I love the bike and knowing I own a busa.
This one was my dads bike. I was going to give it to my son eventually. Not sure what I’m going to do with it now. But it needs a little engine work before I ride it. Just haven’t had much time to bring it in never mind finding the time to do it myself. I keep all my bikes because having the ability to ride different types of bikes is great.

Getting the Big Tiger ready for the final stretch of 2022 millage . New tires / brake rotors . Hope to make 16,xxx for the year , and currently @ 10,5xx . Its cooling down so riding is picking up. Heading to Arkansas next month for 10 days of riding

What makes you keep a bike that you haven’t ridden all year? I’ve been considering selling the busa since I haven’t ridden that much. But at the same time I love the bike and knowing I own a busa.
My 1997 GSXR 600 sat for the better part of 24 years. For me this was my first "big" bike. I dreamed of it since I was popping zits in high school. I had a judge in court tell me if she saw me again, she would put me in jail. I could go on for hours but long story short I kept it for what seems like forever. Many bikes came into my garage and left but the 97 GSXR 600 never moved. I don't know if I can explain it 100% but now it's alive again and my only goal in life for it is to make it decent looking again and enjoy it's company. Nothing more and nothing less.

Checked the oil on the black rat 14. Checked tyre psi. Lubed the chain. I’ve had the battery on trickle charge for a while. After several spins, a cough and fart.. it’s back into life. All my bikes have been parked up for a while. I’ll try and take it out for a ride soon. It has a long list of jobs that need doing but it’s still an OK bike.

8451AE68-F567-48DB-96BF-B5AF2F3B6A1F.jpeg

My 1997 GSXR 600 sat for the better part of 24 years. For me this was my first "big" bike. I dreamed of it since I was popping zits in high school. I had a judge in court tell me if she saw me again, she would put me in jail. I could go on for hours but long story short I kept it for what seems like forever. Many bikes came into my garage and left but the 97 GSXR 600 never moved. I don't know if I can explain it 100% but now it's alive again and my only goal in life for it is to make it decent looking again and enjoy it's company. Nothing more and nothing less.
I feel you, I dragged around an old '86 Katana for years and years...it would sit in my garage as a center piece and never get ridden..I stored it properly though and when the time came to give it to my older son, I out fuel and a battery in it and the motor didn't even spin over twice and it started. That was a seriously reliable bike-always was. Bikes would come and go and often it was surrounded by multiple bikes but it was a constant.

Now I am down to just one bike and loving it...

Back