Wet weather tires?

i run the pirelli diablo strada in the winter and for touring...great traction in the cold and wet and got 7500 miles on the last rear :beerchug:

For your usage (straight lining a lot) the Avons would be your best bet IMO. Reasonable priced and wear like iron.:thumbsup:

First: I did search and man those threads are old! Technology changes at a rapid pace so I thought I'd try and find out what the latest is.

Need to replace the front tire and am looking for something really good in wet weather with decent mileage. Rainy season is coming and the roads are all flat here in NW Florida.

The roads up here you mainly have to worry about deer or someone in a car wanting to share lanes with you (and then pretending they didn't see you as they are talking on their cell, putting on make-up or reading a book on the way to work! :banghead:)

The best rain tires I have ridden on so far have been the Metzeler Z6 (before the interact came out) on my BMW r1100s. About 4 years ago it rained here in Santa Cruz area for nearly 5 straight months. I did about 100 miles one night (Aptos to Gonzales to Sunnyvale and back) in TORRENTIAL rain and even got my handlebars clipped by a drunk driver without breaking traction.

Needless to say I completely trust the Z6, but I've heard the Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT is an even better tire for hard rain riding. Does anyone here have hard rain riding experience with this tire? I use my Hayabusa as my main mode of transportation.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back