went to the dealer today

diesel

Registered
I was reminded of the Harley post from the other day. I've gone to the Harley dealer with friends and after buying a bike they remember your name, take care of your problems, give you respect, etc....
Our guys....? Most of them don't know anything about the products they deal with, or seem to give a damn if they did. I was checking out the 05 1k for my wife and this kid was like "duh"....every time I asked him something. The other dept.s aren't any better. What's up with that?

Too bad I don't like Buells. I didn't say they suck....relax.
smile.gif

Too bad I don't like Buells. I didn't say they suck....relax.p[/QUOTE]

It's okay... that's understood..
wink.gif
*ducks*

Honestly, I think it has to do with the perception that sportbike dealers seem to have that it's a younger person's thing, so we better have young people who can better identify with th "Xtreme Kidz".

It's stupid, but it seems like that's the way it is half the time. Persoanlly, it's part of the reason I avoid a few of the local Mega-Dealerships around here -- lacadaisical moron kids who want people to look cool more than they want them to get a proper ride at the dealerships, and then they act like they have more important things to do when you need honest information from them.

That's too bad that your local Suzuki Dealer is like that.
My Dealer is Land Air located in Essex Jct, VT.
I can tell you the owners name and he can tell you mine.
I know every salesman, the whole parts counter staff, and at least half of the service people by name and things get done well and right.
He will and would provide anything neccesary to get you up and running ASAP.
Plus if you are buying from his parts counter he gives everyone with me my 2 year 20 % parts discount because I buy my bikes from him.
Plus he let's us work on them in his beautifully paved lot and will lend you a tool out of service if you need it.
That is how customer service needs to be done in this area or you do not remain in buisness.
P.S. the owners name is Don Erling and he does do deals if you are serious.

I was reminded of the Harley post from the other day. I've gone to the Harley dealer with friends and after buying a bike they remember your name, take care of your problems, give you respect, etc....
Our guys....? Most of them don't know anything about the products they deal with, or seem to give a damn if they did. I was checking out the 05 1k for my wife and this kid was like "duh"....every time I asked him something. The other dept.s aren't any better. What's up with that?

Too bad I don't like Buells. I didn't say they suck....relax.  
smile.gif
I'm surprised you put up with that and didn't slap the chit out of 'em. You were gonna pull that one dude outta his car and work him over just for...what was it? Tailing you after a bit a road rage...
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
 Damn, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.
You must have been very lucky with your HD experience!! I'm suprised Lakeland HD hasn't filed a restraining order against me.
biggrin.gif

The service at ARS (Suzuki) in Okeechobie is EXCELLENT. They even followed my purchase up with several phone calls. If you want' great service, no pressure and knowlegeable people, it's worth the drive.

biggrin.gif

Ahhhh  Lakeland Harley Davidson ... What a piece of work THAT place is!  Bought a 00 FXST there in Oct of '99. LONG story short they are so knowledgeable and attentive the delivered my Softail with NO OIL in the Primary case. 75 miles later the chain is a slappin a groove into the Primary cover covers. They told me ....   ha ha ha ha ..... that my crancase seal was faulty and the oil was sucked into the engine!  
drinka.gif
 When I got done laughing AT the service MANAGER I asked him to show me the oil that was drained from the crankcase. to which he replied, "we didn't drain the oil" so I walked over to the bike and pulled the oil tank dipstick and asked him to show me the extra quart of oil that SHOULD be in the tank! Then I asked how come the "faulty" crankcase seal wasn't shown on the warranty work order. He then changed the subject and started bragging about the "upgraded" primary chain they installed. The good news is that the old Service Manager is now General Manager!  I am also well known there heh heh heh...hey Neil ... I hear they give away free Hot dogs on Saturday afternoons ... wanna ride the Busa's up and get a few tomorrow! Call Me ... I could use the laugh!!!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120315639 -->

Ahhhh  Lakeland Harley Davidson ... What a piece of work THAT place is!  Bought a 00 FXST there in Oct of '99. LONG story short they are so knowledgeable and attentive the delivered my Softail with NO OIL in the Primary case. 75 miles later the chain is a slappin a groove into the Primary cover covers. They told me ....   ha ha ha ha ..... that my crancase seal was faulty and the oil was sucked into the engine!  
drinka.gif
 When I got done laughing AT the service MANAGER I asked him to show me the oil that was drained from the crankcase. to which he replied, "we didn't drain the oil" so I walked over to the bike and pulled the oil tank dipstick and asked him to show me the extra quart of oil that SHOULD be in the tank! Then I asked how come the "faulty" crankcase seal wasn't shown on the warranty work order. He then changed the subject and started bragging about the "upgraded" primary chain they installed. The good news is that the old Service Manager is now General Manager!  I am also well known there heh heh heh...hey Neil ... I hear they give away free Hot dogs on Saturday afternoons ... wanna ride the Busa's up and get a few tomorrow! Call Me ... I could use the laugh!!!
laugh.gif
Ya! I'd like to stop by at one of those events. I've always wanted to drive up and push my Buell out of the back of the truck and drive away. My bike is in mint condition and it isn't worth 2 shitz as far as resale value, 3 dealerships couldn't fix the wiring harness......... why not! "Dropping" it off there sure would make for a nice last laugh!!

At least your bike got you 75 miles. Mine never made it home. It had to be towed back to HD. GAWWWWWWWD don't get me started!! LOL!!!
biggrin.gif

That would be the funniest thing ever! I'm laughing right now! Picturing all these guys hanging around the bbq and have this pickup truck back up, and launch this Buell out the back then just slowly drive away.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

My nieghbor has a roadking hey sent him leaking oil everywhere brand new.

tounge.gif

I'm with Neil as far as ARS goes. They are a small outfit and very nice to deal with. I have never tried them for service other than tires, but I will try them first each time I buy a new bike.

diesel.... I haven't found anyone on the St. Pete side that knows....give two shits..or stocks crap for the bikes they sell the most (Busas!)

But I did have a pretty decent time when i met "Mooky" or "Muki"...not sure how it's spelled right now....at what used to be Honda/Suzuki West....out on Fletcher. Look him up and he maybe can help. If your are in the market again....
He's a little rough around the edges, but he's no teenager at his first job either
wink.gif

but overall...yeah, the people at these dealers don't care...it's like they're peddeling crap at the fleamarket but the prices are fixed so they don't have to think too hard.
BTW...after looking at your pic you posted...you by anychance live out in the eastland woodlands area?

btw X2.....that dealer does a grill-out for it's customer on sundays!......free food...nice bikes.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120360300 -->

diesel.... I haven't found anyone on the St. Pete side that knows....give two shits..or stocks crap for the bikes they sell the most (Busas!)

But I did have a pretty decent time when i met "Mooky" or "Muki"...not sure how it's spelled right now....at what used to be Honda/Suzuki West....out on Fletcher. Look him up and he maybe can help. If your are in the market again....
He's a little rough around the edges, but he's no teenager at his first job either
wink.gif

but overall...yeah, the people at these dealers don't care...it's like they're peddeling crap at the fleamarket but the prices are fixed so they don't have to think too hard.
BTW...after looking at your pic you posted...you by anychance live out in the eastland woodlands area?

btw X2.....that dealer does a grill-out for it's customer on sundays!......free food...nice bikes.
I'm a few miles north in Trinity. I like the flea market thing...you're right on. I'm making a big thing out of nothing, really....It's just that at my job, there are huge challenges and responsibility and with that a huge amount of pride in your work. These lazy, dumbasses at the dealers disgust me.

anyway, I'm off to the Hummer dealership today. I like the new H3. We're looking at becoming parents soon so I think it would be a smarter choice right now.

Yes,yes...I'm going to add to the capitalist downfall of society with my Suv!

anyway, I'm off to the Hummer dealership today. I like the new H3. We're looking at becoming parents soon so I think it would be a smarter choice right now.
A friend/neighbor just brought an H3 home...I've never been impressed by the H2, always thought it was the current "fad" vehicle for the poser crowd...but that H3 is a cool truck. Good interior room, nice looking...sensible drivetrain....pretty well balanced SUV in my humble opinion.

A friend/neighbor just brought an H3 home...I've never been impressed by the H2, always thought it was the current "fad" vehicle for the poser crowd...but that H3 is a cool truck. Good interior room, nice looking...sensible drivetrain....pretty well balanced SUV in my humble opinion.
We just got back from driving it....a little disappointed. I've been waiting for this thing to come out for a year. I loved everything about it. Awesome interior, not too big not too small...handled great....but a little underpowered. They put the Chevy colorado v5 in it. Too small for the size of this thing. They should have put the monster 8.1 liter in it like my beautiful Avalanche has.

Too bad your dealer sucks. Mine can be that way too I guess. Depends on who you talk to. We have a guy who thinks he knows everything here and he really is so out of touch with reality its unbelievable. I don't let my customers talk to him at all. Sad.
Other then that we have a great dealership.

Too bad your dealer sucks. Mine can be that way too I guess. Depends on who you talk to. We have a guy who thinks he knows everything here and he really is so out of touch with reality its unbelievable. I don't let my customers talk to him at all. Sad.
Other then that we have a great dealership.
I was talking about the idiots at the bike dealerships. The auto dealers around here are top notch-the guys at Hummer are very cool.

Back