Dealer told me to wait for the 2014??

jaholbro

Registered
So I called up the dealer that I bought my 05 at, which I had to sell in 09. A sad day indeed....

At any rate I was inquiring about the 2013's and when they would be in, and he tells me I should just wait till 2014 because they are "doing a total re-do"

Really? Ok yea if that's true it would suck to buy a 13 do a bunch of stuff to it and fall in love with the 14...

But I can't find anything about them actually doing that, and why would a salesman basically tell me not to buy. Now i'm a bit torn

i can't believe dealer will lose sales now and tell customers to wait for 2014..:whistle:

It's all about the commission right now, paycheck comes out in two weeks!

I can see them possibly mentioning a future make over but I could never see them passing up a sale now in the slight chance they might get you back in a year. Too much changes in a years time for the sales person to even hope you might still be in the market for the same type of bike or any bike at all.

Assuming a new Busa is coming in 2014.
What's wrong with a salesman telling a customer?
Sure, if you just want a bike, get a new 13.
But, If you've bought 2 Busas there and they know you want a new one, maybe they're just looking out for you.
I'm a bike guy and do my best to treat people as I want to be treated.
I'de give you a heads up too, surely I'm not the only one.
Treat people right and they keep coming back. Money today and today only, or money in future and years to come after for treating people right.
We still don't know anything about an all new 2014 Busa, but it's possible.:beerchug:

I doubt seriously that Suzuki would let anyone know what's up with the busa this early if they plan on an upgrade in 2014. It would kill sales for 2013. I know my dealer never gets any inside scoop about upgrades until it happens. We heard for years that the busa was being upgraded before Suzuki finally did it in 08. It's time for a fresh busa but I wouldn't take some salesman's word for it. I'll believe it when I see it!

I doubt seriously that Suzuki would let anyone know what's up with the busa this early if they plan on an upgrade in 2014. It would kill sales for 2013. I know my dealer never gets any inside scoop about upgrades until it happens. We heard for years that the busa was being upgraded before Suzuki finally did it in 08. It's time for a fresh busa but I wouldn't take some salesman's word for it. I'll believe it when I see it!

totally agree.. :thumbsup:

No SALESMAN worth his salt will tell you to wait for next yrs model.
I bet whatever anyone wants that the pizza he just ordered walked thru the door and he didn't want to waste any time with you.

Although we will have 2014 Stangs on our lot soon ???

I was going to wait until Suzuki came out with a bigger motor bike but couldn't. I purchased a brand new 2012 and got a great deal on it...if the 2014 is revised to a Gen 3 I will wait until the bugs are out ( if any ) and get the 2015. Just my plan for now...

Back