Went to dealer yesterday. kinda turned off

Itsxthexslim

Registered
So yesterday I went to dealer. Walking around. Saw a 09 Busa. Mind u I saw that dealer posting that Busa for over 6 months on Craigslist for $8495. Almost 3k miles. Stock everything except seats. So guy comes up to me ask me so I say Hey can I help u. I said Hey when Did this bike go up to $9495. He said What u mean. I said this bike was 8495 for the longest put on CL. HE says it's different bike. I said same miles same color same everything. So a lady comes up and says not same bike. Then she says Oh bikes usually go up when it's riding season.. I actually went in there talking myself out of buying bike because I wanted a gen2 to go with my gen1 in my garage. My thing is if ur a salesperson wouldn't u say Hey would u take it for 8495. I would of signed papers there. Bike was clean minus scuff on tail section. And u can actually see the dirt sitting on top of mufflers and tank. So How can u say Hey we want another 1000 now. When u can tell that bikes been sitting for a while. All the other busas were clean no dust or dirt. I don't wanna mention dealer name Cuz I buy parts from there

I'd be sick too. I already knew they kicked it up because pretty weather is a coming. Maybe you can get it for 7500 in october.

It still is on Craigslist but at 9495. Yea I no pretty weather does that but Damn. Oh other thing is like the lady says Yea it's got low miles. Like new tires and a new fuel pump? Y should that need a new fuel pump at under 3000 miles. I hopen they haven't sold it at end of season so I can possibly go in there and smile

sorry to hear but nothing out of the normal the seasonal raising and lowering of the prices is not a secret, the way of the market.

That seems a little high for that machine anyway. There are def more fish in the sea scout you will find the girl you are looking for

I bought a 07 in 07 out the door for only 1k more than that. I bought a 12 leftover in 13 for 2k more than that. I think people are crazy to pay that for a 5 year old bike. Buy a new one.

I suspect if you took in $8000 cash they'd have a hard time saying no, then again, new fuel pump at 3k? Let me just grab my 10ft pole...

-D

Exactly crazy thing is there ad says nothing about new fuel pump or tires or different seats for that matter. I don't wanna completely say that that place is bad because they have some of the better prices on new bikes. But What I've noticed on 2 different incidents. I priced out a truck from two different car dealers before I actually bought my truck. And both times the trucks were traded in by friends of used sales managers.and was told they got top top dollar on there trade in due to sales boss. And both times they wouldn't budge on price but I bought my h2 anyways. It's possible this could b same issue. They don't wanna lose alot due to What they got themselves into. Off topic my truck when i got it backin 07 broke tranny a week after I bought it and supposedly I found out from a tech the sales boss and his buddy who traded in truck got into it because supposedly he knew bought bad tranny. And thats y he got rid of it. Also the truck was never prechecked before trade In from What I know. Needless to say I got invoice from Chevy for 4000 for brand new tranny that I ain't pay a penny for. Lmfao .

Sales Job Description: Sell [insert product or service here] for as much as the market or customer will bear.
Buyer Job Desciption: Buy [insert product or service here] for as little as the market or vendor will bear.
Value of [insert product or service here]: Whatever the market or buyer is willing to pay at any given moment.

How to not get the best deal on a bike: Wait until riding season arrives and the weather warm's up.

RE: "There's other fish in the sea." This is EXACTLY what the dealer was thinking when you asked about the lower "winter" price.

Bottom line: Supply and demand rules are always in effect.

Best of luck!

Sounds like a frustrating experience to me. No one wants to be Bullshi>>ed, which I think is the point you are making. How about, "yes, we bumped the price up to make our targeted profit margin now that it is riding season, but would take as little as this much".

Back