Went on a different kind of ride yesterday.

Greenbean

Registered
So my roomate asked me yesterday morning what I was doing on my day off, and I said "not much why?"

He said his old college roomate who I knew was a pilot with his own plane at the airport was going flying and asked if I wanted to come. Heck yes!

So me and Chris, "my roomate" and his dad Tommy headed to the airport and met John at 2:30.
In Asheville NC is was about 62 degrees and sunshine everywhere.

It was a nice Piper, Saratoga. Six passenger seating all in leather, smelled like a Lexus. Cruising around 150mph or so. Mostly around 7,500 feet also.

Some great pics, we were in the air for about 1:45 or so.

Enjoy.

Weapons system check with pre-flight check!
IMG_0152.jpg

He had four sets of headsets that plugged into the jacks under the armrest. It was cool to hear the chatter on the com and we talked back and forth. Kept noise down inside the cabin also.

Just in case we crashed and they found my camera intact.
IMG_0161.jpg

Progress Energy Power Plant close to my place, sort of, we were climbing so I think this was around 2,500 feet or so.
IMG_0166.jpg

Mt Pisgah, tallest peak East of the Mississippi River, note the snow still on the shaded slopes.
IMG_0172.jpg

Our own Western Carolina University.
IMG_0179.jpg

Great views!
IMG_0180.jpg

These are the cliff side houses in Cashiers NC, pretty neat hugh?
IMG_0188.jpg

The local pilots call this the "Death Tower" It's height is 5,500 feet above sea level. It's crazy tall and evidently it has taken out some novice pilots in the past with it's cables and such. It's intimidating to be flying at 4,500 feet and know this thing is another 1,000 feet above you.???
IMG_0195.jpg

Lastly Lake Lure from 5,500 feet.
IMG_0197.jpg

Thanks for looking.

All pics were taken with my little Canon 850IS Elph in auto mode, It's a decent point and shoot with 8 megapixels.

Excellent. That is a very nice plane, and one of the more economical 6 seaters to fly. Would love to have that much room and payload.

Ashville, NC is also pretty nice. I remember flying in there with my dad when I wasn't even 10 years old.

I can top this; three jumps from a C130 over Fort Knox yesterday, working on pics/video for another thread :laugh:

we heading to knox in 2 days david graduates... home for 7 day leave

Nice pics~!~

Next thing you know you'll be jumping out of a perfectly good airplane~!!~ :laugh:

How cool is that!? Your roommate definitely hooked you up :thumbsup: Those are some really cool pics. My fave has to be those cliff side houses! Do you know where that is and have you ever been on any of them?

Back