Went for a ride yesterday

Nice pic and nice bike
smile.gif

man I love the red/black scheme... they keep getting better. Still love my 03 40th though
biggrin.gif

Just keep that POS mercedes away from your bike!
Lol... I know!
I am really starting to not like the benz... or anycar that comes within a foot of my bike, as a matter of fact.
I don't know why though.... I just take it personally
tounge.gif

Oh, and btw, I took the reflectors and the warning labels off a few hours ago
smile.gif

turned out great. (Don't have pics yet though... it'll have to wait till tomorrow)

Nice pics. Some people dont agree on breaking in a bike as per manufacture. More of a personal preference i think. I decline a trip to Deals Gap with some friends because i wanted to break my bike in first.

Don't laugh....
The fastest I've gone on THIS busa has been 80-90 mph....
I'm really trying to have it broken in properly.. stayin below 4000-5000 rpms
tounge.gif

As soon as the break in period is over I'll start harnessing the true power of the busa, though
smile.gif

The fastest I've gone on A busa, was about 170 mph. It was a friend's bike. After riding that (about 2 years ago) I decided I HAD to get a busa of my own
cool.gif

I'll let you guys know when I start doing Top Speed runs though
(After I hit the limiter a few times, I'll get a TRE, PCIII, etc)....
THEN, things'll get interesting...
Sweet lookin' ride and great pics but you're doin' yer busa a disservice by doin' an easy break-in, IMHO. Check out Mototune USA Break-in Secrets. If you read all of his articles on break-in they really make sense.
wink.gif

Of course it's a little late now for ya to do it. To do the hard break-in properly you must do it within the first 25 miles or so. I broke the busa and the 10 (as well as every brand new cage I've owned... mostly 5.0 Mustangs with a 98 Trans Am thrown in for variety. Loved that LS1!) in hard. Always ended up runnin' slightly better times at the drag strip than the average samples of the same make/model and never had any engine trouble at all with any of them. No puffs of smoke on start-up or power shifts like most others had. No oil consumption between changes. Less gasoline smell in the oil when I changed it out vs. vehicles I've had that were not broken in hard, etc...

My '98 Trans Am pulled dyno numbers in the lower range of what the Vettes were postin' that year with nothin' but a hard break-in and a Borla cat-back. My experience with the hard break-in makes me a true believer in it. I was actually doin' it before I read that site, but only based on a few older mechanics sayin' folks should break it in like they intend to drive it. Luckily I always planned to run the snot outta my muscle cars and broke 'em in that way. The trucks and non-"hot rod" cars I had were not broke in hard. As I mentioned above, stronger gasoline smell to the oil, dirtier lookin' oil, eventually they all puffed a little smoke on startup, etc...

Just an FYI post. Take it for what it's worth. I can't scientifically prove or disprove it. All I can do is share my experiences with it as I did above.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100188944 -->

wink.gif

Is it wrong that I get a li'l turned on lookin' at this pic?
rock.gif
I mean, seein' yer girl's rosey red arse through that see through garment you've got draped over it is enough to make a man drool!!!
drooling3.gif

post-6-15563-tucked_in_for_the_night.jpg

jump9.gif

A plane started checking out the busa ;)
Ok, am I the only one who slows WAY the fug down when an airplane is spotted since the guy on the RC51 got popped at 200+ by one?
rock.gif
I don't think anyone around where I ride uses a plane for speed detection but I still keep an eye out and slow down when I see one. Got me paranoid. Almost as bad as Rev and his black helicopter theories.
laugh.gif

rock.gif
I mean, seein' yer girl's rosey red arse through that see through garment you've got draped over it is enough to make a man drool!!!
drooling3.gif

post-6-15563-tucked_in_for_the_night.jpg

jump9.gif
LOL

Now imagine ME!!!... every time I put her to bed, it makes me wanna rip that cover off and take her out!
It's painful going to bed for me
tounge.gif

rock.gif
drooling3.gif

jump9.gif
LOL

Now imagine ME!!!... every time I put her to bed, it makes me wanna rip that cover off and take her out!
It's painful going to bed for me
tounge.gif
Yeah, must be tough to keep from just jumpin' 'er!
laugh.gif
super.gif
Sweet ride, man.
beerchug.gif

Back