Went for a ride today

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Took off this morning with 3 of my friends from the Central Piedmont Riders website. Left out of Lincolnton, up some backroads to Morganton, some more backroads to Linville and the backside of Grandfather Mountain to Boone. Hopped on the parkway for about 20 miles right outside of Boone. Most roads were pretty good except right around Grandfather Mountain. Some sand still on the roads there. A little windy and cool but still a good ride. Stopped a the Dan'l Boone Inn for some lunch and was not let down. Just good home cooking. Wish we had stopped on the parkway so I could have taken some pictures because it was crystal clear today and beautiful. Heres a few when we stopped to eat and the last one is of Matt, Jimmy, and David who I rode with.

100_2396.jpg

100_2394.jpg

100_2397.jpg

Sweet! Very nice, indeed...

Man, every time I see that AE...:drool:

Thanks For Sharing, got out for a little myself today. You guys Should plan a trip out Towards Raleigh one Weekend, we have some great backroads here.

Loomis.

Looking good on your end. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I also just got back from a ride myself.

Thanks for the pix, i just wished it was warmer and not snowing.. go figure Indiana weather 60's and 70's all week, weekend comes and cold, rain then SNOW... errrr

Wish I could have got together with you guys but the weather was terrible and Vman passed on. I had to go pay my respects to the Vman and his Family. Sounds like you had a good time and much better weather is right around the corner so maybe we can all get together on a ride real soon. :thumbsup:

Back