CANCELLED: St Louis Area Ride, Part Duex

Dennis, I'm going to do my best to make this run. Being so close to the fall bash may pose a bit of a problem in the finances though. I would have to come out after work Sat. evening and either ride in or pull the trailer. If I come by myself I guess I could always stick the busa in the bed of the truck and head that way.

(GSXcite @ Aug. 15 2007,15:06) Dennis, I'm going to do my best to make this run. Being so close to the fall bash may pose a bit of a problem in the finances though. I would have to come out after work Sat. evening and either ride in or pull the trailer. If I come by myself I guess I could always stick the busa in the bed of the truck and head that way.
You can always stay at my place (if you can find it again
biggrin.gif
)

(Wag @ Aug. 15 2007,13:47)
(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 15 2007,07:30)
(Wag @ Aug. 15 2007,07:22) I used to live in that area.  That should be a great ride from what I remember of the roads.  Watch out for turtles!

--Wag--
Yep, roads are great and sometimes there are turtle hazzards, but they are easy to spot early.  Too bad you can't come beck for the ride.
I've often thought about how fun it would be to ride some of those back roads.  My relatives live there.  You probably saw their movie, "Deliverance."  

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

One of these days, maybe.  So many places I want to go riding and not nearly enough time OR money yet.

--Wag--
Oh my God. If Ned Beatty couldn't make it out of there, I don't stand a chance
crazy.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

funny thing is i use to live in viburnum when i was a child and we always went to potosi to go shoppin. my grandpas house there is on 22 acres which stops at the mark twain national forest we always had problems with the black bears out there. but it was awesome your neightbor is a mile down the rode.. grandpa always said if you go on a walk in the woods by yourself remember that bears dont run as good down hill as they do up hill.. but hated school there cause the nearest school was an 1hr away.......... man that sucks you guys brought back my old memorys
SHOCKED.gif

home.jpg

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 15 2007,14:49)
(Wag @ Aug. 15 2007,13:47)
(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 15 2007,07:30)
(Wag @ Aug. 15 2007,07:22) I used to live in that area. That should be a great ride from what I remember of the roads. Watch out for turtles!

--Wag--
Yep, roads are great and sometimes there are turtle hazzards, but they are easy to spot early. Too bad you can't come beck for the ride.
I've often thought about how fun it would be to ride some of those back roads. My relatives live there. You probably saw their movie, "Deliverance."

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

One of these days, maybe. So many places I want to go riding and not nearly enough time OR money yet.

--Wag--
Oh my God. If Ned Beatty couldn't make it out of there, I don't stand a chance
crazy.gif
Nope. You don't. I don't go back there either!

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(smonroe86 @ Aug. 15 2007,15:26) funny thing is i use to live in viburnum when i was a child and we always went to potosi to go shoppin. my grandpas house there is on 22 acres which stops at the mark twain national forest we always had problems with the black bears out there. but it was awesome your neightbor is a mile down the rode.. grandpa always said if you go on a walk in the woods by yourself remember that bears dont run as good down hill as they do up hill.. but hated school there cause the nearest school was an 1hr away.......... man that sucks you guys brought back my old memorys
SHOCKED.gif
Went to Potosi many times as a kid. Don't remember much, though.

Memories!

--Wag--

(Wag @ Aug. 15 2007,20:11)
(smonroe86 @ Aug. 15 2007,15:26) funny thing is i use to live in viburnum when i was a child and we always went to potosi to go shoppin.  my grandpas house there is on 22 acres which stops at the mark twain national forest we always had problems with the black bears out there.  but it was awesome your neightbor is a mile down the rode..  grandpa always said if you go on a walk in the woods by yourself remember that bears dont run as good down hill as they do up hill..  but hated school there cause the nearest school was an 1hr away..........   man that sucks you guys brought back my old memorys
SHOCKED.gif
Went to Potosi many times as a kid.  Don't remember much, though.

Memories!

--Wag--
yea i remember too cause my mother and i broke down in the middle of no where and no way to contact anybody and it was cold out so we walked till we found a house and it was some little old people and they took us in for the night till we could get out of there

I haven't heard anything in awhile. Is everyone still up for this ride, and did we decide on a final meeting point?

Off topic, Andy what did they find wrong with Mike's bike? Hope it was something simple.

I can't make it.. gotta work also to close to the fall bash for me to schedule in..

Dennis I will make one of your rides, Hopefully before the snow flies..
super.gif

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 27 2007,18:49) I haven't heard anything in awhile. Is everyone still up for this ride, and did we decide on a final meeting point?

Off topic, Andy what did they find wrong with Mike's bike? Hope it was something simple.
ride is still on, the details are in the first post...looking forward to riding with you again
beerchug.gif

+1 on Mike's bike...is he going to be able to make it to the Fall Bash?

In a different post Andy said Mike and him would be there, I assume it is fixed just wondering what it was.

Hey ,Regarding Mikes bike, It appears that it was the shift detente spring. He has been busy and has not picked it up from shop. but he says it was like $120. total. Could have been worse I guess. I am planning to do the ride still. Dont know about Mike. Still planning on going to the bash as well.

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 27 2007,18:49) I haven't heard anything in awhile. Is everyone still up for this ride, and did we decide on a final meeting point?

Still on. The meeting points are in the first post. The ride starts in Chesterfield, but there are guys that live further south, so there is an option for them not to heve to come up north.

Cool deal on Mike's bike.

This ride is coming up fast
smile.gif
With Hal going down, I know some of you won't be making this ride in favor of heading out to KC. Can we get a head count?

Im a definite maybe. Ill let you know towards the middle of next week.

Back