Went for a ride Saturday...

sounds alot like natasha but she usually just says...faster daddy

She's working up to that but she did learn a few new expressions like: WOT, Grip it & Rip it and, of course, Turn & Burn! She does me proud.

Looks like a fun day! :beerchug:

Next you'll need an Autocom...won't have to worry about batteries ;)

http://www.autocomamerica.com

It's a communication system for your motorcycle. The main unit mounts to the bike and is powered from the bike. Speakers and a mic are mounted into your helmet(s). There are inputs for a cell phone, GPS, MP3 player, Radar Detector, satellite radio, and a two-way radio. I have my Zumo 550 hooked to it... My Zumo functions as my GPS, MP3 player, and XM radio, plus my Blackberry goes through the Zumo for phone. Basically, when I'm out riding, I can listen to tunes and when a call comes in, the Autocom automatically mutes the music and lets me answer the phone. Noise cancellation is excellent with the Autocom. At 85+ mph, if one doesn't know you're on the bike, they'd never know... The two-way radio input allows you to hookup your choice of radio for use with bike-to-bike communication (or with riders with Chatterboxes). If you have a passenger, all you need is a headset/mic for the helmet, the Autocom has built-in support for rider/passenger communication.

Worth looking at. Several members here have had the Chatterboxes and Cardos...they've upgraded to Autocom and love it.

We've got the Scala Rider 2's but her battery died after a few hours.... I wasn't too worried about it though, all she kept saying was "Yeah!", "Mom, this is so cool..." and "Wheeee!"

I was shocked to see you post. :welcome: back and thanks for sharing this wonderful experience and Leigh with us. I hope there's lots of these rides in your future. Thanks for the share, great pix :thumbsup:

Great pic, LCB! I'm always thrilled to see the love of the ride shared with/by the family. They guys in my tribe love it, the gals (with the exception of my oldest daughter) observe from a distance and generally share their comments with everyone else. :laugh:

Oh, and not to thread jack but +1000 on the Autocomm. Been looking at those for awhile (thanks, jetsetter!) and they are the bomb! Get raves from most mag reviews and a great track record.

Thanks again for sharing, Lisa. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Omar, you're correct - we do need a new com set-up but it wasn't in the budget. I just spent a bunch of money on the bike and next is my new trailer set-up for my car. Believe me, bike to bike and bike to passenger communication is the very next thing.

Well, after the cruise control... and the GPR.... Dang, so much to do - so little money!

Back