Saturday VEGAS RIDE - what a stellar day!!

fulltilt

Registered
Just returned from a great day's riding with a terrific group of people. Had about 30 show up at the designated meeting point in the AM. Split into two groups with a 'less-gonzo' crew heading off to take a more civil ride.

The rest of us, some 22 people or so - two thirds riding Busas - headed towards Death Valley to exercise our bikes the way they were designed to be ridden.

We did streches of 25-50 miles between stops gathering up again after spreading out through the desert. Took a bunch of pictures (mine will be downloaded and posted early next week), but so did many others.

Kinda sucked that my video camera didn't seem to be capturing images as nicely as it did last year, but Twisted got some good video - very dramatic video, in fact......

I will put something together and try and share some of the images and video I shot off the bike that will introduce you to some of the characters on this (and other boards).

Just a great time today. God, there is nothing like slamming through the desert devastating the open road in a spectacular setting.

Would I have been able to hang with you guy's on the VROD Man I hated to have to fly out this morning, I know you guy's had a blast
But it was cool as hell putting faces with all the names.... Good meeting you Tilt

I was supposed to make that trip also. Our yearly turnaround was moved up to April and scheduled for a 28-day outage. Turnarounds really suck, because that's the only time of year where your vacation or off-time means absolutely nothing. That is unless a family member dies. Kinda pisses me off because now I won't be able to kick it with the West Coast family until Laguna '05. Since our family reunion is scheduled for July, then that makes Laguna '04 out of the question.

Brian

BA, you missed out on a fun filled weekend. I have never in my life seen my speedo just sit readings of over 120. It was like crusing at 120 was more like just crusing at 60. Watching Nick, Fulltilt, Dano and Denis just tear it up like there was no tomorrow was the greatest thing I have ever done on two wheels.

cant wait for the next one.

Josh

Excellent! I'll be looking for the pics.
You did a great job leading the ride on Saturday.

Awwww yeeeeaaaaaah, each year this event is getting better! I can hardly wait for next April! Thanks for coming out to our humble little town... When you guys get back out this way, drop me a line...

One day when the finances are in check and the bills are paid, I'll be able to make it out there with you guys. In the meantime, keep to pics/info coming so I can imagine....:D

IT WAS BEYOND AWSOME.
My least favorite part though was : and there i was approaching 170MPH when I am PASSED by a girl on a 2000 BUSA . What the F****?

What a great time . Nice people . Busa Heaven in the Desert!

IT WAS BEYOND AWSOME.
My least favorite part though was : and there i was approaching 170MPH when I  am PASSED by a girl on a 2000 BUSA . What the F****?

What a great time . Nice people . Busa Heaven in the Desert!
That was the Rickster @180+!!
idea.gif
idea.gif
idea.gif
jump9.gif

I had a great time riding with you guys and gals...
Can't wait for next year!

idea.gif

idea.gif

Dang, I didn't know Rickster puts it down like that...
wow.gif
But I'll be damned if I miss out on this one next year. If the Good Lord says the same... I'll be there.

Back