Day Off, Went For A Ride (not dial-up friendly)

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Was a beautiful 76 degrees today so it was time for a 3 day weekend. Took a vacation day and went for a ride down to the Forsyth area. Great back roads most of the way. Had all day so I stopped and took a few pictures here and there..

Some scenery..
BusaRide11-03-08006.jpg

BusaRide11-03-08007.jpg

The Busa, then some more scenery..
BusaRide11-03-08010.jpg

BusaRide11-03-08009.jpg

BusaRide11-03-08014.jpg

The old Powersite Dam in Forsyth. This is what makes Lake Tanycomo and is the first dam built on the White River in 1926.
BusaRide11-03-08018.jpg

The still working power house..
BusaRide11-03-08020.jpg

More scenery. A scenic overlook on Lake Tanycomo..
BusaRide11-03-08023.jpg

BusaRide11-03-08024.jpg

End with a last shot of the Busa..
BusaRide11-03-08026.jpg

Was a great day to top off a 3 day riding binge. Hope you enjoy 'em.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! The fall colors out here haven't changed much yet. Hoping to get a ride in during Thanksgiving week up along the Lost Coast Highway and see if they've changed by then.

does it feel like someone just shot you up with something? :) great shots!!

1st what the hell is a vacation day.

2nd awesome pics and thats a beautifull bike.

Great pics. Brings back a ton of memories from when I lived in Rockaway Beach, especially the shots of tannycomo :thumbsup:

Great pics. Brings back a ton of memories from when I lived in Rockaway Beach, especially the shots of tannycomo :thumbsup:
How long ago did you live in Rockaway? Not much has changed there in a loooong time.
My mother and father met in Rockaway in the early 50s. He ran an outboard motor repair shop and she was a waitress in a cafe there. Things WERE different there then, no Table Rock lake yet. And at the time Rockaway Beach was bigger than Branson, and there were no trout in Tanycomo.

How long ago did you live in Rockaway? Not much has changed there in a loooong time.
My mother and father met in Rockaway in the early 50s. He ran an outboard motor repair shop and she was a waitress in a cafe there. Things WERE different there then, no Table Rock lake yet. And at the time Rockaway Beach was bigger than Branson, and there were no trout in Tanycomo.

I lived there in 99, had a condo right there on the lake. Was directly across from the bank at that time. Cafe at the time was the Hillside if I remember right, was a nice place to eat and also loved the pizza place there, pizza cellar if I remember correctly.

I likey...who still uses dial-up? :poke:

:rofl:

Right.

Beautiful stuff, Tom. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to go riding your roads with you some day.

:beerchug:

My Mom has a Ranch in Missouri...just outside Farmington. Gorgeous scenery; great people!

Oh, yes...your bike is beautiful. I'm sure you love her deeply~

Last edited:
Back