well this is cool

ditchdr

Registered
Went out for a ride around 4 today. Nice long ride, pretty much filled the triumph up, pointed it toward out of town and rode till the gas ran out. Flipped it to reserve found a gas station and hung out in BFE just ridding around..

The ride home it got real cold real fast so I knew bad weather was fast approaching. So I throtle the bike up and high tail it back, gat about 50 miles form home and the bottom drops out. I see a light off in the distance, my shimmering ray of hope, my guiding light, ok enough. I pull into the parking lot of a mom and pop parts store, there were about 6 or 7 cars in the parking lot, walk in and the place it EMPTY. it felt like a scene from a hitchcock movie. I shout "hello, anyone home" nothing. I am like great this place has been robbed and I am gonna find a pile of bodies in the back or something.. Again I shout "hello". Still nothing! I pull out my phone and dial 911 then walk out side. Yeah there is a monsoon but I am not touching anything. After being transferd through 3 or 4 disbatchers I finaly get the one of the city PD, seems everyone knows everyone in this town. She tells me there is a tornado right out side of town heading my way, and that most likely people were in the storm cellar.. I live on the coast we aint got them lol..

Ok here I am out side Billy Bobs Auto Parts, Guns, Ammo, Deer Processing, Laundry Mat, and Beer, with a tornado heading my way soaking wet, with a motorcycle as my only means of getting out of there. So I go back in and stand inbetween 2 rows with what at the time i tohught would be safe.. Thinking about it later, being next to a row of hand tools and paper towles was not the best idea..

Anyhow, after aobut 10 min of being there people come back in, they look at me and say hi, how are ya, as if this is normal. I tell them I am trying to wait out the storm, and I am sorry for being in there store so late etc etc etc. He said it was all good, and pulled out a set of keys from behind the register. he offers me a Coke, man must have been 80 if not older. I tell him that would be great and he walks to the back of the store to a Coke machine so old it must run on DC power. He brings me back a Coke in a GLASS bottle.. I did not know they still made these. I drink my Coke we talk, he loves my bike, even hands me a few towles ot dry it off before I take off. I left there with the biggest smile on my face.. I remember when people were like that in my home town. Now a days you would be lucky if they call the fire dept for you if you were in flames..

Oh and the storm went west I went south, so stayed dry till I got home, found out there were real nasty storms following me home.. All in all it was a good day

beerchug.gif
hard to find places that no ones a stranger

that is the one thing i miss about living in central Mississippi, you always know someone will be along to help you out if you run into problems...thanks for sharing
beerchug.gif

Gotta love Southern Hospitality. Glad you made it through that crazy weather.

The last time we walked into a deserted restaurant it was actually being HELD-UP and it was just me and my husband and the girl behind the counter (It was a Fazzoli's) then a whole bunch of cops... all of the other employees were hiding in the back.... we just kinda stood there... WEIRD

Back