Does this make me old?

No you are not old, could be the house that is if it's why you keep going there.... get a new place or go to the Atlantis resort with the wife... If you go the Hotel an are still thinking of tools an or what else needs fixing I will change my vote.:laugh:

While you are there, keep pushing the Ace paint to the customers! I need to keep my job :beerchug:

According to RSD I'm old.:laugh: And I ain't but 52. When you go to the hardware store and start to stay all day playing checkers,Theeeen, we might need to bring this topic back up. Until then,your good.:thumbsup:

You'll know your getting old when you have to start giving up things like riding your bike.

Listen - people who are really old have no idea they're old and/or don't care!

You are not suffering from old age -- it's call pre old age and it is terminal...
Yes you will eventual become old and die!

However, you're just wondering whether your old - which means you've got maybe anywhere from a year to a decade - and all your inhibitions about getting old will vanish and you will official become old followed by death...

Enjoy pre-old age because once it's gone it's gone!!!

It is nice to have a local hardware store to hang around, I had a friend growing up whose dad and uncle owned a local hardware store, Stembridge Hardware. Nice, nice folks, enjoyed picking up stuff and visiting with my friend. His dad and uncle were wizards in helping people figure out what they needed to complete home projects. Don't worry about being old it's called comraderie...that's why we hang out here! :thumbsup:

I agree with you on this.. I used to hang out at the Auto Hobby Shop on base back when I was in the service. Lots of times I would be doing menial things that weren't too demanding and I would go around assisting others on various repair projects..

I think it's just the smell. Is it me or do you also find the smell of the hardware store to be quite memorizing? :laugh:

Listen - people who are really old have no idea they're old and/or don't care!

You are not suffering from old age -- it's call pre old age and it is terminal...
Yes you will eventual become old and die!

However, you're just wondering whether your old - which means you've got maybe anywhere from a year to a decade - and all your inhibitions about getting old will vanish and you will official become old followed by death...

Enjoy pre-old age because once it's gone it's gone!!!

You, my friend, are dead right on. Keep riding other old guys. Dying on a busa isn't the worst way out.

From the HBO TV series Deadwood

Characters: Merrick, newspaper proprietor of The Deadwood Pioneer. Al Swearengen, proprietor of the Gem saloon and whorehouse.

The offices of the Deadwood Pioneer have been ransacked by agents sent by Cy Tolliver, owner of the Belly Union saloon and whorehouse. Merrick is seated amidst the damage. Swearengen has just walked in to see Merrick and seated himself.

Swearengen: “Why aren’t you up and running?â€￾

Merrick, looking woeful: “I’m in despair…â€￾

Swearengen, after a thoughtful pause: “You ever had a beating, Merrick?â€￾

Merrick: “Once, when I thought I had the small pox, doc Cochran slapped me in the face.â€￾

Swearengen reaches across and slaps Merrick across the face hard.

Merrick looking shocked: “Stop it, Al!â€￾

Swearengen: “Are you dead?â€￾

Merrick, rubbing his face: “Well, I’m in pain, but I’m obviously not dead.â€￾

Swearengen: “Obviously, you didn’t die when the doc slapped you.â€￾

Merrick: “No.â€￾

Swearengen:

“That’s three ****ing damages that didn’t kill you. Pain and damage don’t end the world, or despair, or ****ing beatings.

The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.â€￾

I too hang around at the local Ace hardware store and ......
OH CRAP I'M OLD!!!!

I too hang around at the local Ace hardware store and ......
OH CRAP I'M OLD!!!!

No your not. Your just bedazzled by tools! I can look at tools, the purpose of which I have to determine, and then reason why I need them! :rofl::rofl:

Back