Well, i finally did it

Quiksilver

Registered
My gen 1 has a sister! I finally own a gen 2, well i will tomorrow, if weather permits. I wanted silver or grey but the red caught my eye. I totally forgot to snap a pic and i know threads are worthless without pics lol. So this is my first new purchase and im curious about gap. Who can i get it with? Is it worth it?

My gen 1 has a sister! I finally own a gen 2, well i will tomorrow, if weather permits. I wanted silver or grey but the red caught my eye. I totally forgot to snap a pic and i know threads are worthless without pics lol. So this is my first new purchase and im curious about gap. Who can i get it with? Is it worth it?View attachment 1620152

Finally! Only took 12 years! :poke: :lol:

Don't mind me, I'm just a Busa-less wanna-be-again these days........ :confused:

My gen 1 has a sister! I finally own a gen 2, well i will tomorrow, if weather permits. I wanted silver or grey but the red caught my eye. I totally forgot to snap a pic and i know threads are worthless without pics lol. So this is my first new purchase and im curious about gap. Who can i get it with? Is it worth it?View attachment 1620152
Indeed useless without a pic.
But I am happy for you - therefore I will let it slide!

I am unclear where you are, I am in the US. Your provider should be informed before delivery (they typically require the VIN, year, color) and you can present that question. Gap insurance is likely a formality and they should automatically include it. They do this daily, they understand the gravity of this situation, and it is their job to cover that major risk. If you already listed the vehicle with them I wonder if they itemized the gap insurance and you are merely unaware of it. There should not be a reason to purchase gap from a different insurer unless you hate your provider and they already ground you down to peanuts on pricing.

If this is a loan, gap may be included in the loan as the bank wants to make sure they are covered, so there is something for the dealer or bank to show you on the paperwork.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride! I can't remember the last time I purchased gap insurance, but may be a good option as accidents do happen. Most credit unions offer it if you purchase through them.

Wish I could entirely erase my post above. Some of the total-payoff instruments an insurance company may provide are not considered "GAP insurance" and they may be offered specifically through their loan programs and not the insurance. Sorry about that. Wrong is wrong.

Black may be the fastest color, but red looks faster and, you know, looks count.

Like Wannabe, not sure where you're insuring the bike, but if you're planning to use the same outfit as your Gen 1, a phone call to them might shed some light

Wish I could entirely erase my post above. Some of the total-payoff instruments an insurance company may provide are not considered "GAP insurance" and they may be offered specifically through their loan programs and not the insurance. Sorry about that. Wrong is wrong.
Its all good thanks for the input! This is my first new vehicle and wanna cover my bases.

A few pictures as promised, not much of a photographer but i did my best lol. For the past 7 years ive tried to play mechanic on my turbo gen 1(dream bike) and it didnt work out so well. Ive owned three bikes before this one and had had issues with all of them. It feels good to have something new. Thanks for all the feedback, I truly appreciate it!

A few pictures as promised, not much of a photographer but i did my best lol. For the past 7 years ive tried to play mechanic on my turbo gen 1(dream bike) and it didnt work out so well. Ive owned three bikes before this one and had had issues with all of them. It feels good to have something new. Thanks for all the feedback, I truly appreciate it!View attachment 1620216

View attachment 1620217

View attachment 1620218

View attachment 1620219

View attachment 1620220

View attachment 1620221

View attachment 1620222

View attachment 1620223

View attachment 1620224
Sweet bike congratulations!

Back