well i bought a new bike!!!

superbusaman

Registered
hey guys, i went with buying the fz1, but unlike others around here i kept the busa!!! can never get ride of that. well todat it 50 out, and i have a new fz1. you know i had to take it out!!! put about 50 miles on it. felt pretty good, got her pretty dirty though. cant wait for warmer weather and cleaner roads, the bike definetly feels like it likes to go through twisties. the power was pretty good too. felt better in the higher rpms but only got to about 8000 once or twice, since im suppose to be breakin it in. i hit about 110 once, feels a lot different from the busa!!! but the comfort of the fz1 is what i was looking for, so i think it will be great for long rides, and i will keep the busa for the shorter ones, and when i want to show off!!!! just kidding.

new_bike_003.jpg

Nice, I rode one last season and it was great.
The guy had stepped off a Busa for it.
He didn't keep his Busa either.

Superbusa,

I am actually thinking of doing the exact opposite. I currently have an FZ1, but don't care to 2 up ride and thought the busa would be more accomodating. Additionally, I don't find myself hitting the twisties as much b/c of location and the need to do so. Can you please help me in this quest for finding the perfect bike by breaking down your like and dislikes of both bikes. Many thanks in advance.

La Rue

Sounds like it could be a tough choice when you go into the garage
biggrin.gif

Congrats and good luck with your new addition
smile.gif

Congrats on the new ride. I wish I could swing two rides also....oh yeah I do have two rides....03 Busa + 04 1000RR
tounge.gif

I didn't keep my FZ1 I had a 2002 and sold it to buy my Hayabusa. The FZ1 was a fun bike though. My wife tells me 2 up the busa is more comfortable. Have Fun there both great bikes, get the piece to lower the bars 1 inch and you'll like it better.

Congrats on the new bike
biggrin.gif

Its good that you retained your busa... way to go dude
beerchug.gif

hey guys, i went with buying the fz1, but unlike others around here i kept the busa!!! can never get ride of that.  well todat it 50 out, and i have a new fz1. you know i had to take it out!!! put about 50 miles on it. felt pretty good, got her pretty dirty though. cant wait for warmer weather and cleaner roads, the bike definetly feels like it likes to go through twisties. the power was pretty good too. felt better in the higher rpms but only got to about 8000 once or twice, since im suppose to be breakin it in. i hit about 110 once, feels a lot different from the busa!!! but the comfort of the fz1 is what i was looking for, so i think it will be great for long rides, and i will keep the busa for the shorter ones, and when i want to show off!!!! just kidding.
I think the FZ1 is a great bike, my buddy has one and i've ridden it a bunch. I love the seating position, I rode it 500 miles one day and felt good. Not to mention 145 horsepower. If I could afford it i would have one now.

Back