busa

superbusaman

Registered
well since it hit like 75 here in ny today and the roads were clean i took the busa out. but on the other days that its been nice i been riding my new fz1. fz1 very comfy!!! went a few rides over 100 miles and never hurt my hands. so i been wanting to get on the busa with some real power. man!! never knew how much power was there until today. basically the busa was my first street bike so i had nothing to compare it too. so anyways after riding around on the fz1 for a bit i took out the busa and within about 30 miles my hands started hurting. so i think im gonna try to learn to launch the busa better and take it to the strip more, and make my fz1 the every day bike. once i was on the busa all i wanted to do was go fast and do a burn out. i held myself back and didnt waste my tire
biggrin.gif

The cure for Sore hands = Footpeg Mods?
rock.gif
?

Man I must be doing something all wrong.....lol

sorry, could not resist that one.

Heli's do make it a bit easier on the wrists.

I've still gotten some numbness in the hands after about an hour.

Don't forget to watch your seating posture as well. I went from a ZRX to the Busa, and found I was putting too much weight on my wrists at first. I practiced using my lower back to support more of my weight, and it made a huge difference. Later I also got a Corbin seat which sits a little lower, as well as Helibars. I haven't rounded it out with the footpeg mod yet, but I've found my happy place for now.
smile.gif

Don't forget to watch your seating posture as well.  I went from a ZRX to the Busa, and found I was putting too much weight on my wrists at first.  I practiced using my lower back to support more of my weight, and it made a huge difference.  Later I also got a Corbin seat which sits a little lower, as well as Helibars.  I haven't rounded it out with the footpeg mod yet, but I've found my happy place for now.  
smile.gif
AHA !

Even the guy who insists on good posture uses the Heli's
wink.gif

They really are a good product.

No, I don't work for them.

The cure for Sore hands = Footpeg Mods?
rock.gif
?

Man I must be doing something all wrong.....lol

sorry, could not resist that one.
well, when you put them all together, smart guy....

changes your riding position.
changed riding position = less pressure on wrists.
more hours of fun.

Also what WB said.

Don't forget to replace the stock grips with gel grips...Made a huge difference with me-cut down on the vibration to my hands. Also, there are gloves with gel pads in the palm area...Haven't tried any, but I hear the Technic Violators are good.

Don't forget to watch your seating posture as well.  I went from a ZRX to the Busa, and found I was putting too much weight on my wrists at first.  I practiced using my lower back to support more of my weight, and it made a huge difference.  Later I also got a Corbin seat which sits a little lower, as well as Helibars.  I haven't rounded it out with the footpeg mod yet, but I've found my happy place for now.  
smile.gif
Right answer...
biggrin.gif

+1

Pacific,

Calm down, I was not trying to question your intelligence or slam you in any way......

Sorry that I offended you.

Heli bars....
biggrin.gif

Put in some miles and your wrist muscles will get used to it! I used to have a lot of pain in my wrist the first couple of days that I rode Elenor.... took some pain killers and continued to ride! Now absolutely no pain!

Get in shape. Don't put any weight on your hands. Gotta stay LOOSE out there!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back