Weight and Handling

Nemisis

Registered
In a recent mag article the GSXR 600, GSXR 750 and the K 10 were compared. Even though the weight difference was less than 15lbs the 600 was noted as handling a lot better than the other 2 bikes. With the 100lb weight difference in the Busa does the handling go down in a linear fashion with every pound of weight or does it taper? How about driver weight as it is not fixed? If 2 drivers of equal skill, but one 20lbs heavier, will the handling be affected to a noticable degree?

I would tend to think the Busa's longer wheel base effects the cornering aspect. Next would be the 190 rear tire. After that it's the weight. I'm no expert, had ridin a bike of same weight more of it up higher as well. It seemed more flickable, I could only account it had shorter wheel base and a 160 rear tire. Cause I believe it's not weight so much. I might Mod raising the Busa Rear, lowering (4mm Freebie mod) the front. Putting a 180 on the rear.
I could also get used to the increased amount of control the rider needs to push the busa around. Heh might try that first
biggrin.gif

Back