Weekend Vacation

war69

Registered
My wife and I had our 20th anniversery this weekend so Fri thru Sun we went to South Dakota. 14hrs away and the longest flatest road around. I90. But once there what a beautifull place. Wildlife everywhere. Including buffalo in the road. You really gotta watch. Saw one other blue busa there. Here are a few pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. may I ask for details about the camera used? ???
P.S. BTW, Happy Anniversary :)

Awesome. How does it ride with those half-helmets? Doesn't the wind off the fairing try to pull them off your head?

Beautiful pictures, I would love to see that in person. How does it feel to ware that helment? Does it pull on your chin at high speeds?
P.S. BTW, Happy Anniversary:thumbsup:

The camera is a canon 30d and a 70x200mm L lens. And the helmet was a last min decision. We didnt want full ones so we could see everything and yes dont ware it over 70 mph. It does want to lift off ur head. But for slow riding they are awsome. There is so much wildlife there it kind of made me want the full helmet. The cows even walk in the damm road and deer everywhere.

Long and flat is definitely right. I live about 3 blocks off of i90 in Mitchell. I see your from Wisconsin... you probably went right by my place on your way to the hills.

Great pics and congrats with 20 years!! :beerchug:

We also use 1/2 lids for cruising, kinda takes the "space suit" feeling away when enjoying fresh air and scenery. Have to stay below 60 though, else the wind kills ya.

Thanks for posting.

pigtail bridges!! are not those things just the neatest thing to ride?!? i love that road. thanks for posting the pics.:beerchug:

Ney war69 that other blue busa was me!! I think it was on iron mountain no place to stop but hoped to see you and your wife later. Was with five other people we stayed in hill city.

Back