Weather pics

So much destruction and loss of life, glad you guys are all safe. Prayers for all family's that have been affected. :please:

if it holds at 24 and god I hope so it will be a miracle, the amount of damage is so great from pictures it’s unreal, and is it true it’s too expensive to put a basement in? where does everyone go?

if it holds at 24 and god I hope so it will be a miracle, the amount of damage is so great from pictures it’s unreal, and is it true it’s too expensive to put a basement in? where does everyone go?

We had a large EF-4 tornado roll through town on 4/27/11. From what I saw in many cases, a basement wouldn't have helped much because the entire house was removed, and basements were blown clean. We installed a concrete in-ground shelter after seeing that.

We had a large EF-4 tornado roll through town on 4/27/11. From what I saw in many cases, a basement wouldn't have helped much because the entire house was removed, and basements were blown clean. We installed a concrete in-ground shelter after seeing that.

i guess your prob right, with wind speeds that great it pretty much just blows everything out, best thing would be a shelter.

i guess your prob right, with wind speeds that great it pretty much just blows everything out, best thing would be a shelter.

I'd say basements are certainly better than nothing at all and have probably saved many lives over the years, but sometimes they just come up short against a large, violent tornado. We have been fortunate enough to be able to afford a shelter, but I understand that many people cannot. In many cases there are other options though. I mean what better time than a stormy day to spend an afternoon in the public library or some other easily accessible, heavily constructed building.

A video of a friend trying to get to his wife and kids... They are okay but he didn't know at the time...

A video of a friend trying to get to his wife and kids... They are okay but he didn't know at the time...

I can understand stopping under the overpass but the guy in blue and white pickup stopped right in the middle of the lane and didn't bother to pull over. He was so wrapped in amazement apparently he stopped paying attn to others around or behind him?

Back