Ice Storm Pics

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I thought I would share some early shots of the ice storm coming into OKC... I snapped a couple of pics as this ice thing started here....

looking to the North
DSC_0174-sized.jpg

The ice building on the ground
DSC_0172-sized.jpg

The ice came in early... We forgot to take the flag down before the weather came in... There isnt anything holding the flag from the sides.. Its is one sheet of ice..
DSC_0184-sized.jpg

DSC_0174-sized.jpg

DSC_0172-sized.jpg

DSC_0184-sized.jpg

Ice storms are the worst. Power lines down, roads impassable, cold temps. yuck. It's on its way here, and I am not looking forward to it. Forecasters can't make their collective minds up as far as what we will receive in my area, but only one has had the fortitude to admit that he doesn't know. Depending where the front ends up, we may get as much as 10 inches of snow, or a couple of inches of ice with a couple of snow on top. Wintry mix is such a benign term for an awful mess.....

I'm an hour south, driving that way. Hopefully the roads hold out a bit longer! :)

Just get your studded tires out...:poke:
Geesh what more do you want a 74 degree day in West Palm Beach or what ?
Dont miss it a bit I tell ya' !

NOTHING here yet :thumbsup: . Hope my bet with the wifie comes true ! I say no more than 2" to 3" if that here :whistle: . Wife says 10" to 12" :poke:

We're supposed to get a snow storm out of this, but I think my tiny peninsula might be spared according to the always inaccurate weather guy :)

I hope :please:

Stay safe Doug, Rick, and everyone else down that way. The main storm is supposed to *just* be to the south of KC. We're expecting some snow tomorrow from it...not sure how much yet.

We had a huge ice storm here back in 2003. In the middle of a National Forest it was devastating. I got caught out in it coming home from work. Took me 6 hours to go 5 miles as i pulled, drove over and cut (until i ran out of chain saw gas) thru downed trees to get home. Still only got within a half mile from home and had to walk. Parked my truck on the road in front of about 100 yards of downed trees blocking it.

We cut back from my house to my truck only to find an uprooted OAK laying across the bed. Yep Totaled.

3 days stranded in my holler and 12 days without power (except the generator last 9 days)
I do not wish an ice storm on anyone. Good Luck all. Prayer be with you.

I passed a convoy of line trucks headed North. Must have been 20. They may be headed to see James.

There saying 3 inches here kentucky or south of ohio river 3-6 inches.
I WILL BE DRIVING WITH 2,500 GALLONS OF PROPANE ON ALL DAY.
Backing in driveways going up hills ect.
:alien::superman:Thats when you find out just how good you r with a truck.
Gas tankers r fun on the ice I like it.
Kinda like dragracing it gets your attention.

Last edited:
Back