Ice Storm in Spencer, MA

MrsGrumpy

Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust!
Donating Member
Registered
So we got this ice storm last night. WOW!! Thought we were gonna lose the roof the branches were falling all over the place. It was a rough night. Right now (almost 24 hours later) we are still without power to the house. We have a generator running so we have hot water for shower, heat, and tv! :rofl::rofl:

Will post some pics when I don't have to use dial up.....it's just way too slow.

Hope you guys are alright and have plenty of fire wood or fuel oil or propane or gas for the gen :thumbsup:

Reading this makes me want to go hide in the corner.
Winter before last the same thing happened here, 1/2" of ice on everything. I was out of power for 5 days and was one of the lucky ones, some folks were without for a month. Most of my huge Maple tree fell on my house. Sitting in the dark, "CRACK" then a fraction of a second latter "BOOOM" and the whole house vibrating when the limb fell on it. This went on all night and by the next morning a big part of S.W. Missouri was entombed in ice.
I hauled 14 pickup loads of cut up branches out of my yard and 4 more loads from the top of my house.
Friggin nightmare it was.

Glad to hear that you're OK... hang in there... Let us know if you need anything

We got a TON of rain between last night and this morning.There were still road's closed @ 6 pm on my way home this eve.Hope you get back in shape soon.

Still without power. Probably will be til Tuesday or Wednesday. :banghead: :banghead:

I am going to a job interview tomorrow, so I'm going to take my laptop with me and go to Starbucks to post pics for y'all. :laugh:

I'm glad you guys are OK and hanging in there. I haven't seen any of the other New England members on .org lately. I hope they are all OK too.

10,000 watt generator been running non stop since since Friday at 10pm at about a gallon a hour. This sucks but could have been way worse. We have power at the end of the road as of tonight but not down our dead end group of streets... At least gas isn't $5 a gallon right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

10,000 watt generator been running non stop since since Friday at 10pm at about a gallon a hour. This sucks but could have been way worse. We have power at the end of the road as of tonight but not down our dead end group of streets... At least gas isn't $5 a gallon right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just a little :poke:, Dave, Dan got his power back this morning in Leominster!

Back