We fell in love..

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
and haven't ridden the bikes since! It seems like "Why? It's just flat, straight and hot!"

I think we must move, 'cause we'll never ride in Florida again!
sad.gif

Is it September yet?

NC is a great area to live in.They got some querky laws there but its still a nice area.

I'm from Hickory and I going back as soon as UNCLE SAM tells me it's time to GO!!!! I've been just about everywhere and nothing compares! Plus, I have to get back and run for Mayor! to save what I came in to the USAF to protect!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148649419 -->

I'm from Hickory and I going back as soon as UNCLE SAM tells me it's time to GO!!!!  I've been just about everywhere and nothing compares!  Plus, I have to get back and run for Mayor! to save what I came in to the USAF to protect!  
biggrin.gif
That says volumes... not everyone wants to go back to where they came from.

Why not move to the area?  
tounge.gif
Actually... we have been tossing this idea around~ The only thing, really, keeping us in Florida is my job~ It's took me many years to find a good company, with low to no stress, no company politics, and great pay to top it off~ It's very hard for me to just up and walk away from that in the hopes that I find another company just as good~ I've already gone over our company portfolio and although we have properties all up in the midwest, unfortunatly NC and TN isn't in the works~ We (the company I work for) are even building two new properties down here~ One of which will be mine to run~ I even tried talking the VP into building one up in the Knoxville area! I just got a little giggle/snicker in reply~ So I don't think that will happen anytime soon~ LadyHawk has even went so far as to check out property up in that area~ With what we could bank after selling our house here, we could buy a house of equal size (with a bigger lot size even)~ So I guess it would pan out in the long run if I wasn't able to find a company to pay as well, but I can't wanna make the jump on an 'if', or 'could', or whatever~ It's just too damn scary for me to have to start all over from scratch!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148651724 -->

tounge.gif

The funny thing about NC is that people that come here seem to fall in love with it. The natives here take it for granted till they move.
When the NBA and NFL came to Charlotte, you started seeing large numbers of atheletes moving here. I am talking about players who dont even play for the NC teams. They come and visit and never leave.

Yeah, I have not complaints about NC. We've got beach and mountains and relatively year round riding weather. Guess that's how I got ~33,000 miles in less than 3 years LOL.

I think i am in a crowd by myself here when i say this, but i was born and raised in Mooresville NC (about 30 mins north of Charlotte), and i dont think i will ever move out of NC.

All the people that love Nc must be west of the 95. Was stationed in Cherry Pit for faaar to long and dread the thought of going back. Only good thing that I can see for it so far is that I will be deployable again.

Well you guys have nothing on Northern California. 90 miles between ocean and skiing. Year round weather built for riding. I for one was born here and I don't plan on ever leaving. Just too much everything to think about relocating to another area.
smile.gif

I think i am in a crowd by myself here when i say this, but i was born and raised in Mooresville NC (about 30 mins north of Charlotte), and i dont think i will ever move out of NC.
I was raised in Statesville!!!! After college I left for the DC Metro area. I can't wait to move back to Charlotte, Statesville, or Winston-Salem. I still call NC home even after being in No. VA for 15yrs,.

Bass

Thanks... That's exactly why I can't wanna walk away from my current place of employment~
wink.gif

What weird laws are you guys refering to?
This would be a whole nudder topic but one that I found interesting.

NC laws states, I cant remember the GS #, been too many years since school:

But basically any modification you make to your vehicle to go faster than originally intended is against the law.

K&N filter would be illegal, or turning the air filter top over to let more air in is also illegal.....

Back