Fell in Love, Sig P226

afterhours

Registered
Over the weekend I put a couple hundred rounds thru this thing and now i gotta have one. $1100.00 is a little pricey though.

any suggestions on something comparable for less money?

My mom has the same. I love the feel of it. It seems that all the semi autos at 1k or a little over are nice but as you geat cheaper, quality goes down faster than the housing market in 2009. I am trying to get a H&K P30. LOVE IT!!! Good luck in your search. Ever thought of some dark alley trunk prices. Those always better!:whistle:

What model 226 are you looking at for $1100?
I bought an all stainless elite 226 for around $900.
I got an all stainless 226 in .40 for $799 I believe.
A reg blued .226 shouldnt be anywhere near $1100.

I have 2 that I have had for about 15 years. A 9mm and a .40. Nice guns. I also have a .22 conversion for them.

Take a look here for some pricing from a good company to deal with.

Sig Sauer P226 | For Sale

Blanca is right. A factor Sig 226 in any config should not be more then $800.
Unless it comes with a whoooooooole bunch of extra goodies!

Blanca is right. A factor Sig 226 in any config should not be more then $800.

While you are correct on the common models, I take it you have never seen an X-5 Comps X-6 model 226s. There are several factory models that sell for way over $800 wholesale.

Even the common two-tone or stainless models with night sights will bump that $800 number.

I model I shot had the night sights. The range shop told me to buy a similar gun would be $1050.00. I have not shopped around, but I can assume they will be a bit higher in price than a bigger dealer that moves more volume.

Q: The Sig felt really smooth and the trigger pull, and recoil was almost nothing. I am not sure if it is because I am currently using a revolver....or is it because the Sig is that good.

I plan to shop around and try some other makes and models.

I've always found the Sigs (with the exception of the Sigma series) to have one of the better trigger pulls out of the box.

You’ll get as many opinions as you will asking about tires, oil, and octane of fuel to run but I’ll throw this out there to you to ponder.

If you are looking for an all purpose gun, I recommend looking at something that has a “half ****” action. The Sigs series you are looking at commonly Double Action on the first round and Single Action on the remaining rounds. (Double Action only models are available out there) The first to second shot can be a training issue. That is one reason so many departments went to Glocks when they came out.
Unless you are going to train very often, a Glock, XD, or Smith and Wesson M&P would be my recommendation. If you go with the M&P, I prefer the actions that do not have the magazine safety (when the mag is pulled, the gun will not fire). The action feels smoother to me. The M&P and XD get bonus points for being able to change grip inserts to fit different hand sizes. Models without external safeties are also my preference
I’ve owned many semis in the last 25 years. Glocks, Berrettas, Colts, Several generation Smiths (none I really liked until the M&P) I love my Sigs, but if I had to replace everything, I’d get a M&P or XD. I don’t train near like I did several years ago. However I have way too much invested in magazines, leather and other accessories to make the change now.

When the wife started shooting, we started her with one of my 226s. She improved very much when I got her into a M&P.

Find a range that rents guns and shoot a box in each before you make a decision. After you think you know what you want. Give it a couple of weeks and go back and put a 100 rounds each in the top 3 you were looking at. It will be a good investment.

Your mileage may vary!

Back