Way high expectations of the 08'

Okay I'm about to get flamed and possibly banned but what the heck . The thing is Butt F**k Ugly , Okay . No if's and 's or but's about it and no amount of fender trimming and no exhaust setup is going to make that rear end look any better. The upgrades they did provide were too few too late . They should have done those 2 years ago . And the extra 41cc's a joke . I was looking for more bore not a change in compression .
If this were the Superbowl would you call the dogs off if leading as to not make the other team look too bad or would you run up the points and crush them as to leave no doubt who was champ. Quit sucking up to Suzuki . They were going into the end zone for a touch down and dropped the ball on the goal line and it bounced out of bound while time was running out .
Wait and see Thats all I'm hearing . We've waited and now see . The bikes heavier , Uglier , and it's only reportedly putting out 1 (one) BHP more than the ZX-14 . 198 HP AT THE FRIGGIN CRANK ooooh . How Ghey !!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again . If you want to take the champ down its got to be a knock out . not a decision by points . That would leave doubt . I mean on the canvas , till the count of ten , stick a fork in him he's done . And as much as I hate to admit it that is what the ZX-14 did to the Busa last year . It took the top speed title . Now they are coming back with rope-a-dope tactics and it's not gonna get it .

I guess you can tell I'm disappointed .

It doesnt sound like you guys "really like it", the new style. Ill keep my 04. 08 is BUTT UGLY ! Im dissapointed.

i like it. i also used to hate the design of the busa, reminded me of a hippo on steroids... but i love the design now... i keep looking at my 600 contemplating on selling it and getting the new busa just because... i'd have 2 of the best suzuki has ever made. just think...it coulda been worse...
super.gif

Tinman, your comparison of the 08' to the ZX14 is funny.  

When the 14 hit the street it did have a HP advantage. About 10-12% over the Busa.   Well, with a 2mil bore and some compression, Suzuki just did that back to Kawi. The 08' has a 10-12% increase over the 14.  

Guess you were expecting a 250hp motoGP machine?

If you would look past the bodywork, you would see more.  

(tinmann @ Jun. 28 2007,14:43) Okay I'm about to get flamed and possibly banned but what the heck . The thing is Butt F**k Ugly , Okay . No if's  and 's or but's about it and no amount of fender trimming and no exhaust setup is going to make that rear end look any better. The upgrades they did provide were too few too late . They should have done those 2 years ago . And the extra 41cc's a joke . I was looking for more bore not a change in compression .
If this were the Superbowl would you call the dogs off if leading as to not make the other team  look too bad or would you run up the points and crush them as to leave no doubt who was champ. Quit sucking up to Suzuki . They were going into the end zone for a touch down and dropped the ball on the goal line and it bounced out of bound while time was running out .
Wait and see Thats all I'm hearing . We've waited and now see . The bikes heavier , Uglier , and it's only reportedly putting out 1 (one) BHP more than the ZX-14 . 198 HP AT THE FRIGGIN CRANK  ooooh . How Ghey !!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again . If you want to take the champ down its got to be a knock out . not a decision by points . That would leave doubt . I mean on the canvas , till the count of ten , stick a fork in him he's done . And as much as I hate to admit it that is what the ZX-14 did to the Busa last year . It took the top speed title . Now they are coming back with rope-a-dope tactics and it's not gonna get it .

Damn dude, tell us how you really feel! But honestly, I feel your pain. After 10 years, I expected a bit more than a slight cosmetic change and a few more HP.

(racerV @ Jun. 28 2007,06:22)
(tinmann @ Jun. 28 2007,14:43) Okay I'm about to get flamed and possibly banned but what the heck . The thing is Butt F**k Ugly , Okay . No if's  and 's or but's about it and no amount of fender trimming and no exhaust setup is going to make that rear end look any better. The upgrades they did provide were too few too late . They should have done those 2 years ago . And the extra 41cc's a joke . I was looking for more bore not a change in compression .
If this were the Superbowl would you call the dogs off if leading as to not make the other team  look too bad or would you run up the points and crush them as to leave no doubt who was champ. Quit sucking up to Suzuki . They were going into the end zone for a touch down and dropped the ball on the goal line and it bounced out of bound while time was running out .
Wait and see Thats all I'm hearing . We've waited and now see . The bikes heavier , Uglier , and it's only reportedly putting out 1 (one) BHP more than the ZX-14 . 198 HP AT THE FRIGGIN CRANK  ooooh . How Ghey !!!

Damn dude, tell us how you really feel!  But honestly, I feel your pain.  After 10 years, I expected a bit more than a slight cosmetic change and a few more HP.
Huh? Slight cosmetic change?

Man, i just don't get you guys. Look at the high res pictures. Almost every bolt-on part is different. Yet it's the same frame. How can you NOT like that? It means that all of us guys with extra parts like rearsets and such can transfer them to the new bike.

If you want to 1K, then buy a 1K.

Don't think of the upgrades as bad for the Busa wanting to be more like a literbike. Think of it as the upgrades for a good all around bike. It's not meant to be a featherweight.

You sure are taking this personal....were you a part of the design team?
laugh.gif

How the hell do you get a 10% gain of power over the 14? It has 1 more hp. Glad I traded my 05 busa for a 14. I have to agree with everyone in the busa was a legend of sorts in the motorcycle community and I really thought they were going to knock it outa the park. This ******* thing just went to the warning track.

How many people on the forum have 1363 and 1397 platforms . They are proven platforms now . Old News . Do you think any of them are going to digress and go with a 1340 . Same pistons but a 12:1 compression ? How hard would it have been or how much costly would it have been to go with a 1363 . The top speed is still gonna be limited to 185 isn't it . Ask yourself , How much do you have into your bike now . Would 4 or 5 grand really made that much or a difference for a big block out of the box ?
What do the numbers really say ? What does 198 HP at the crank equate to ? For another 4-5 grand I can surpass that at the wheel with the platform I have . My Bike is lighter than the NEW bike as it and it was when it came out of the factory .STOCK !!! Last time I dyno'd my 04 with a Yosh pipe I got 164 RWHP . Your saying it took at team of engineers 8 years and millions of dollars of research to exceed that by 10 to 12 HP . No they were not trying to give us what the we wanted they were trying to attract a new customer base while placating the faithful . Did they treat their 1k base of customer like that ? No they gave them all kind of upgrades . Those things are faster than Busa's now .
Now if the thing put down 200 RWHP and 110+ pound of torque I'd be more inclined to overlook the cosmetic anomalies . And the rear end
firedevil.gif
SHOCKED.gif
What is that ? Pandora's Box ?

The Busa was built for speed if you believe different you fooling yourself .

I like it overall. I think they were smart with the simple upgrade to just push past the Kawi. I like the idea of giving the tank and windshield a revamp to make it a little more comfortable, I like the tre concept, the ability to adjust the bike to your ride is nice. I think that Suzuki paid attention somewhat to what us guys do to mod our Babies. the dash, the brakes, have been improved. I think we are being a little rough on Suzuki. They had to put the big old ugly cans on there to pass Euro emissions but almost everyone swaps the exhaust out on their Busa anyway. I am still trying to get used to the back end but after seeing the other thread where someone photochopped the ugly azz license plate holder, it looks alot cleaner. But I also hate the stock air brake on the original version too and most of us have modded that too. I am thinking about buying the new one.

(racerV @ Jun. 28 2007,17:32) You sure are taking this personal....were you a part of the design team?  
laugh.gif
+1. I understand your point, but 10 years and this is all ? They should have done this 2 years ago. Hopefully new platform is in the works for the near future. I would not trade what I have for these minor upgrades. Come on Suzuki, throw us a bone ! New platform is due.

The 'busa has always been a 'take-it-or-leave-it' bike.  Some people love it...others...well, not so much.

So many people hated the rounded body parts and the unusual shape of the rear cowling.  

Some started out hating it then grew to love it when they realized why it was designed that way.

Others loved it immediately for what is represents.

Personally, it's always been plenty-enough 'bike' for me; what I've been anticipating is the next step in the progression of shape.

Question: How many 'ooooh's' are there in Guggenheim?

Answer: A lot!

I understand (and appreciate) the frustrations displayed in this thread concerning the "minor" engine changes (as compared to the high expectations of many).  But, did anyone really expect 30-40 more HP?  Yes, that would have been wickedly cool, but really, is that realistic?  A 20 HP (if that is the correct number) increase is still significant in my opinion.  Sure, I also wished that we had a repeat of '99, but it wasn't to be.

It still looks like a great bike.  I am looking forward to some reviews and comparisons with it's competition.

Besides if you don't like something about the new 'Busa you can always change it (all it takes is money
smile.gif
 )

Let the mod's begin!
smile.gif

smile.gif

The More I look at the Orange and Black I get to liking it a bit more! I am a minority here I suppose in that I really didn't expect to see stratospherical HP numbers out of this thing. The Ever tightening Emmissions regulations have seen to it that we have these huge exhaust systems and bodywork to cover them. Perhaps there is a lot of untapped HP waiting to be released if you want to get rid of the Cat? The one bone in my craw is the Brakes. I had hoped that they would just give us the GSXR1000 stoppers and be done with it. Instead they give us this mish-mash arrangement of smaller rotor's, Radial Calipers and conventional Master cylinders. I have to hope the whole is greater than the sum here. Now when are we going to see a decent series of multiple angle pics?
beerchug.gif

The speed was restricted years back.Well guess what,don't be too disappointed in the HP numbers cause the manufactures are about toped out.HP will be restricted in the near future.If ya want more,you'll have to go to the aftermarket.
I was reading "somewhere" a year ago the magic number was 200HP on PRODUCTION bike.Don't know if it's crank or rear wheel.I doubt it was rear wheel.

Something everybody seems to forget.These manufactures have to find more HP year after year and do it with stricter emission laws.Do you really think it's that easy.Use some common sense.OH yea,the 07 won't pass for 08 emission laws.But the 08 with mo power did.

(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,09:38) To those that were let down that the bike wasn't a 1500 or 50lbs lighter or whatever. Do you realize what your asking? Why is a company gonna jump 150-200cc to beat the competition when a minor bump does the job no problem. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the jump now, is less that is offered later. They can and will only do so much to a bike before they kill it because it costs too much to produce.

The weight i'm sure could of been brought down with Titainium this and that, but how's a $14-15K price tag for a new Busa sound for a 40lbs drop when they have to jump the price for all the Ti they added? Then they would complain about the pricing. Also, what's the first more serious mod done to a Busa? Yep, full exhaust. Those new huge cans look heavy and probly are. I bet an honest 20lbs+ can be lost from a 4into1 swap.

I think Suzuki did a fine thing this go around. They only went to a 1340cc. So if Kawi decided to up they're cc's, Suzuki can always go to a 1397 set-up without any major changes to the engine foundation. Plus, most, if not all the new updated chassis should bolt-up to my 04'.

The Busa still looks like a Busa, but with some updates.

Good job Suzuki.
what kind of BS statement is that?

they could have done all kinds of good things, just like they do to the gixxer every two years...

how about this?

redesigned stronger but lighter wheels? would have improved performance in several ways...

how about a 52mm fork cartridge high/low speed adjustments, kinda stoopid to have a 186mph bike that has internally set high speed damping and compression, 650 lbs on ten speed forks...

how about redesigning the engine so its narrower and shorter so they could make a NEW chassis thats narrower and shorter, that way it would push through the air with less effort and turn into corners with less effort...

how about they go ahead and go all digital with an analog tach in the dash?

lots of good things could have been done..

how about they have the designers of the gixxer bodywork design the busa bodywork, instead of x honda, kawasaki and BMW designers?

HUGE FLOP!!! can't wait to walk one on my 2k7 1k...

(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,12:38) To those that were let down that the bike wasn't a 1500 or 50lbs lighter or whatever.  Do you realize what your asking?   Why is a company gonna jump 150-200cc to beat the competition when a minor bump does the job no problem. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the jump now, is less that is offered later. They can and will only do so much to a bike before they kill it because it costs too much to produce.  

The weight i'm sure could of been brought down with Titainium this and that, but how's a $14-15K price tag for a new Busa sound for a 40lbs drop when they have to jump the price for all the Ti they added? Then they would complain about the pricing. Also, what's the first more serious mod done to a Busa? Yep, full exhaust. Those new huge cans look heavy and probly are. I bet an honest 20lbs+ can be lost from a 4into1 swap.

I think Suzuki did a fine thing this go around.  They only went to a 1340cc. So if Kawi decided to up they're cc's, Suzuki can always go to a 1397 set-up without any major changes to the engine foundation.   Plus, most, if not all the new updated chassis should bolt-up to my 04'.  

Good job Suzuki.
As far as performance, I agree...

Looks? I'm not too keen on it... I like the current busa. Just some of the new one doesn't look it for me, but that's me...

As far as Weight savings, come on... Couldn't they just have removed the air injection and save some lbs? I mean, sure, you could keep it on if tuned right, but taking it off saves some weight and is pretty much cheap.
firedevil.gif
laugh.gif

And if the front ends bolt up, I think I know what will be going on my busa I will buy when I graduate MMI.
biggrin.gif

I wasn't expecting anything. 12% more of what we love and some great mods taken straight from these pages. The appearance could have been better in the rear, but at least they didn't put those ugly turn signal mirrors on it. Need to see one in person. Chelle wants a test ride, I doubt my local dealer will go for that.

there will be a 2008 revised 14 so this game will go on forever.........enjoy the ride.........
super.gif
and then another busa revision. Will the aftermarket ever keep up with new models every two years...
super.gif

super.gif

(†WÃ￾§â€ Ã«D @ Jun. 28 2007,20:30)
(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,09:38) To those that were let down that the bike wasn't a 1500 or 50lbs lighter or whatever.  Do you realize what your asking?   Why is a company gonna jump 150-200cc to beat the competition when a minor bump does the job no problem. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the jump now, is less that is offered later. They can and will only do so much to a bike before they kill it because it costs too much to produce.  

I think Suzuki did a fine thing this go around.  They only went to a 1340cc. So if Kawi decided to up they're cc's, Suzuki can always go to a 1397 set-up without any major changes to the engine foundation.   Plus, most, if not all the new updated chassis should bolt-up to my 04'.  

Good job Suzuki.
what kind of BS statement is that?

they could have done all kinds of good things, just like they do to the gixxer every two years...

how about this?

redesigned stronger but lighter wheels? would have improved performance in several ways...

how about a 52mm fork cartridge high/low speed adjustments, kinda stoopid to have a 186mph bike that has internally set high speed damping and compression, 650 lbs on ten speed forks...

how about redesigning the engine so its narrower and shorter so they could make a NEW chassis thats narrower and shorter, that way it would push through the air with less effort and turn into corners with less effort...

how about they go ahead and go all digital with an analog tach in the dash?

lots of good things could have been done..

how about they have the designers of the gixxer bodywork design the busa bodywork, instead of x honda, kawasaki and BMW designers?

HUGE FLOP!!! can't wait to walk one on my 2k7 1k...
Okay, first, it LOOKS like the Gixxer designers designed it.

Second, you guys are saying the 14 is SO much better, and Suzuki took 8 years to come up with this engine design. WHY?! Did you think they would bother messing with a winning design for 8 yrs? It was beating its competition, the ZX12, and was DAYUM close to the 14... Close enough that my fat but could keep one in view through twisties and straights, and I weighed almost 400lbs at the time, and an average size rider on the 14. So, you guys cry about the busa being the same since 1999... Kawi took 7 years to step up with the 14 to FINALLY beat the busa, and you now give them credit... and Suzuki steps up to beat the 14 on paper 1 yr later, and you say they waited to long to beat them? Why should they completely redesign the busa's engine when they know anyone worried about it is gonna big bore anyway?

Back