2010 V-Max...price increase?

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
WOW...the new 2010 V-max, what a price jump.
THe 2009 V-Max...msrp $17,990
The 2010 V-Max...msrp $19,500

When other mfgs. are comming up with 1.9% financing or a resonably priced
model (the new Vulcan 1700 $12,999) star comes in with an already high priced
18 grand V-max (wonder how many they sold) and raises the kitty another
grand and a half ???

20 grand+ out the door...they can keep it.

i agree, i thought it was over priced to start with. im afraid its just going to push the price of other bikes up even faster. regardless, the vmax just isnt in my book of bikes id like to own. :beerchug:

I was going to buy the new V Max, but just not worth the money, so bought the B King after I had a demo ride on one, you can buy two B Kings, and put after market pipes on both, and still have some change, you can go slow and cruise it like a Harley,or go fast and ride it like a Busa, and it will leave the Busa behind up to 170mph, I have had the Busa,and zx1400, and the B King is best of the lot, they are very cheap now, I think they are giving them away with a pkt of cornflakes, have a go on a demo B King, you will enjoy.
- Transformer 1340 Suzuki B KING[/url]
Regards Keith UK

Last edited by a moderator:
For 19k no way! I've seen B Kings for 8k new, I would much rather have on of those.

$19500 is a little high, but that's what you get when the bike is a hit on the market. Yea I know there's some on the used market...but not everyone can afford to keep them in tough economic times, especially if they borrowed money to buy one.

The bike was so well received last year they decided it was good business sense to offer it again this year. :beerchug:

The other thing to love about the VMax is the wide tire kit (240) and performance upgrades Star is offering now. :thumbsup:

Now, go get that awesome B-King I hear so much about! Suzuki must have a lot of them for sale here in the States? :cheerleader:

I mean if the engine thrills you why not just buy a Busa, cause that bike is beautiful and fast! :please:

P10100121.JPG

I have had the Busa, and the B king will leave it behind up till 170mph, it is more comfortable than the Busa, I like the sit up ride position of the B King, much like the V Max, dont like seating on the new Max, ok if you want to give birth, I have been on many V Max sites all over the world, and the general feeling is that the new V Max is over priced, and they wont be buying one, I have had many V Maxe's over the years, I bought one of the first Maxe's when they came out, most I imported from Canada, being unrestricted.
I had hoped to buy one of the last V Maxes as well, but it is over priced for what it is, you had better hope it does sell, as Yamaha have said that if it dont sell well, they will cease production within the next five years, thats not very nice to hear when you have just splashed out a load of cash for one.
I do like the pic of your Max, and what you have done to it, do you have any more pics I could see.
Regards Keith UK
Ps I started the V Max club in the UK many years ago, with a chap called H.
Click On Link See VIDEO V Max verses B King

Last edited by a moderator:
:laugh: $19,000 :laugh: , that should get alot of people in line for one :rofl: . Me, for my $19,000 the new Busa with MODS looks great :beerchug:

Weak dollar - Our money is worth less - If we keep borrowing from china we'll be paying 22,000 for vespa's... You know like when you go to a different county and you pay 1,200,000 (what ever the monies called) for a soda!

Its crazy,kind of like the country and the world right now.
Basically they have gone and formed an exclusive country club mentality:whistle:, of sorts,you want in, it is going to cost you:moon:
I only hope suzuki does not follow last years mark-up and keep others out of our local county type course. No hob-nobing(sp)here:laugh:

Oh yeah, forgot to add ,they do not have to sell as many at those elevated prices.They have a stratagy and it is in play.:whistle: I do agree that it is also the weak dollar,but yamaha wanted to put this bike on an exclusive level, and have probably succeeded in reaching their goal of that targeted buyer in their first year sales.

WOW...the new 2010 V-max, what a price jump.
THe 2009 V-Max...msrp $17,990
The 2010 V-Max...msrp $19,500

When other mfgs. are comming up with 1.9% financing or a resonably priced
model (the new Vulcan 1700 $12,999) star comes in with an already high priced
18 grand V-max (wonder how many they sold) and raises the kitty another
grand and a half ???

20 grand+ out the door...they can keep it.

Agreed :laugh:

Oh yeah, forgot to add ,they do not have to sell as many at those elevated prices.They have a stratagy and it is in play.:whistle: I do agree that it is also the weak dollar,but yamaha wanted to put this bike on an exclusive level, and have probably succeeded in reaching their goal of that targeted buyer in their first year sales.

I agree about the psychology, but the people buying it are buying it because of the "legend" crap that follows this bike around. Fans of the V Max seem to believe it's been the fastest thing on the street since it's introduction. I don't have anywhere near enough fingers and toes to count all the bikes that have been quicker/faster in the past 25 years, but the legend continues. Yamaha is just playing these "less than informed people" like a fiddle. As far as I can tell, there is nothing "exclusive" about the V Max. It isn't at the top of any category.

thats alot of money to have fun, dont you think? you can buy a busa, and ship it to europe ride around forever ship it home and have money left over,,

Back