Rode the New MAX (demo's at daytona)

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Probably the highlight of my last two days demo riding was the new V-Max.

IMG_0386.jpg

Note that I realize, riding a Busa, our judgements of other bikes is somewhat slanted. Our definitions of speed and power have been forever altered from mere mortals.

On to the new max....WOW. That's right...it gets a WOW. (And I almost never give out a wow) Talk about stump pulling power, any gear anytime...It's the closest thing I've ridding to experinece the Busa "Pull", and it just might have more. Yeah the bike is heavier..but it don't care (nor will you really feel it). It might have a 137 mph limiter...but stop to stop light for pinks on your busa...you better think about it...hard. It don't just look muscular...it really really is.

You gotta hand it to star, the bike has a lot of quality in it. From the LED tail lights to the functioning scoops, the led instrument panel, and the built in shift light.

I was very imressed with the V-max, Star did a heck of an update (Not just increase the stroke of current motor used, etc.) Would it actually take a B-king...I wouldn't throw my money down on a B-king. Be very interesting to see some actually test numbers. Of course with the B-king going the way of the dinasaur, that leaves MadMax all alone in the naked drag bike catagory.

Other Rides-
C109RT

Bike is too darn big and heavy. I was hoping for a raced out cruiser version of the 109. Supposedly they retuned the 109 for better low end torque. Here's what you get.

The C109 weighs in at 885lbs...to much inertia. Romping on it from a start of very low speeds, the "extra" torque gets gobbled up in the weight and you never feel it and since it comes at a cost of more power up top...the whole bike feel much slower than the M109 (which I love). When that mass was already rolling and you hit it, it would pull fairly well but your momentium is going in the same direction. The motor doesn't have to overcome all the dead weight...again 885lbs of it plus rider.

So heres the deal, they've take the beast M109 and turned it into an average big heavy cruiser. If your of the "harley" mentality that speed/power isn't really all that, then the c109 is good cruiser with a good power plant, but for me...I need to have a bike move and move hard when I twist my wrist (like the M109).

With that mentioned, we rode the new Victory Hammer with the 106cu motor (and it was piped)...that thing MOVED as did the Star Raider. Ya Know, Star/Yami makes some really strong quality stuff. My Son LOVED the Raider, said it pulled in every gear at every speed (he didn't get to ride the V-Max, he only went 1 day and it was filled)

Oh yeah...the C109RT takes a full fistload of braking power to haul that thing down to a stop...forget just one finger brakes...I was grabbing handfulls and then stomping on the rear hard.

Last edited:
The V-Max sure looks neat. I wouldn't/couldn't buy one, 18 grand to me, is a lot of money for a motorcycle. But I still like to look at them.:beerchug:

I guess Angel and I missed you yesterday, we were there early afternoon bout 1 or 2 glad you had a good time. I enjoyed this event !! :thumbsup: :bowdown: :cheerleader:

Ya Know, Star/Yami makes some really strong quality stuff.
QUOTE]

Well, sort of. I had a FJR..nice ride but tall seat height. ECU problems that took Yamaha forever to address.

Love the new Venture for two up riding (named the Buick) however at 516 miles needed fork seals on right side. No problem since the Venture comes with a five year warranty/roadside assistance.

Well, yesterday Mikki and I went for a 100 mile ride. Fork seals leaking again. Called the Dealer and he is going for a complete new tube.

Will see. ???

I might buy another Goldwing yet. :whistle: I do like the Venture however. Not many around as Yamaha made 1700 total last year.

r8

Back