Way cool GDO mod!

(Fate @ Nov. 14 2006,20:27) I like that mod alot but just wonder about the high beam wiring over heating the remote. Why not just wire it to the pass button. Who uses that anyway? It is just a extra button to me.
As I understand it, when you hit the high beam button, it doesn't keep current going through that particular wire but rather, it pulses for less than a second. The high beam reads that signal and comes on and stays on, even though the wire is not longer hot.

Or that's what I gathered, anyway. It's exactly the reason you can do what you just described.

I didn't use the pass button because the '03 busa doesn't have one. The Gixxer does, though, and the fact is, they both use the exact same wire anyway. When I did the Gixxer, it was immediately apparent that when you're driving, you can use either button to operate the remote.

Also, if the high beam switch is "On" when you start the bike, the remote will trigger then as well.

--Wag--

super.gif
ride on, great pictorial guide
beerchug.gif

Right on Wag... good write up and thats a real good mod. I may hit you up for help on this. At this point I just put the remote in my thigh pocket and push it when I make the turn into the neighborhood.

WOW!! Excellent write up!! Very detailed! Great pics also. That is something I will do over the winter. I have read descriptions beforeo n this but nothing was even close to your complete write up with pics! I am impressed!!

ps: However I did laugh at the solder joint pics a little, Maybe just a chuckle?
SHOCKED.gif
beerchug.gif

not too shabby, however there is a much simpler way to do this. I've done it on my Jeep and all the bikes we have in the garage. tell ya what, I'll go snap some pics of one of my modded controllers and post up what I do since I think my method is simpler and allows more flexibility

(extreemachine @ Nov. 15 2006,09:48) ps: However I did laugh at the solder joint pics a little, Maybe just a chuckle?
SHOCKED.gif
beerchug.gif
Soldering is like welding or bondo right?

The bigger the glob the better the job.
firedevil.gif

bump.gif
resurrecting this old thread in hopes someone can post a write up and pics for hooking up a GDO to the pass switch

I still have the pictures. Just have to figure out the best way to re-insert them here, now that I know someone is interested again!

If you do the mod as described (and soon to be re-photoed), then the pass switch works exactly like the high beam switch. It's the exact same wire.

EDIT: I've sent a request to the mods to allow me to edit the original post so I can reinsert new links to the pics. Hang tough!

--Wag--

Back