Water Wetter

b4thenite

Donating Member
Registered
There are conflicting reports on this subject. Let's have a discussion.

1. How to use it in street riding situations. Do you mix it with coolant or water?

2. How much to use it?
3. What are the results?

Thank you for your inputs.

I do not know were you are located but down here in Texas allot of us use water wetter does a good job. You mix it with distilled water as far as how much to use it gives you the instructions right on the container as to what ratio to mix. :welcome:

You can use it with just water or with a water coolant mix if you have to worry about freezing temps...as for the ratio...read the bottle. Good stuff :thumbsup:

:cheerleader: ALWAYS USE DISTILLED WATER IN YOUR COOLING SYSTEM :cheerleader:

you don't need to add it to glycol coolant
I mix it with distilled water. I add the amount recommended on the cap. This allows me to use the same bottle for multiple applications.

My results have been a dramatic improvement in the stability and reliability of my cooling system. This combination works efficiently at keeping my coolant temperatures within the correct zone. I've used this setup during the above 40degrees Fahrenheit ridding season. I don't use it during colder ambient temps. It's worked successfully, for me, in every application from Stock, 1464cc, 1585cc, 1623cc. Also has been used for non busa engines and turbo applications as well. Previously I've tried many different coolants which includes Engine Ice and my best measured results have been with distilled water and the proper amount of water wetter additive.

I have no shares or interests in the Redline company or its affiliates and would consider this as my unbiased real world tested experience.

:cheerleader:

Last edited:
mixes with anti freeze too. I had one of those massive intercooler in my Eagle Talon which blocked my radiator (very smart I know) so I tried water wetter before buying a bigger radiator and cooling fan. Worked like a charm..
+1 for Water Wetter.

I run it because the tech inspections at tracks require it but I would not swap to it for a run of the mill street bike.

It's mainly used for the track as most, if not all, trackday and racing orgs approve it. However, if you only mix it with distilled H20, it will freeze if you leave the bike out in freezing temps. Not good for yer water pump.

I use 50/50 Distilled water/ Havoline Dexcool and then add the appropriate amount of Water wetter. Never overheated since I made this switch! I usually buy 2 gallons of each and a bottle of Water wetter and make up 4gallons of Mix. This is more than enough to do my car and bike! They say in their Literature that for maximum cooilng effect you can run it with 100% water, but only in areas where freezing isn't an issue. I think they advertise a 30 degree drop with straight water and about an 8 degree drop with a 50/50 mix both as compared to straight water with no additives. :bowdown:

i run w wetter (50/50 with distilled water) in my 1000RR because I do track days. it works great. i asked the dealer for w wetter in my busa on my first service but they put in engine ice instead. not sure what mix if any.. i haven't ridden the busa enough to offer an honest opinion on e ice.

on the 1000RR the average stop light temp was about 210 - 220 before ww and 180 - 190 after.

I ran it last summer because of the Texas heat and the fact that I sit in traffic on my way to work. However, I quickly switched to engine ice and the average temp went down a ton. For me, engine ice was worse than stock coolant and does not provide any freeze protection. Engine ice did better than stock and has a much lower freeze point. If I had to do all again, I probably would stay with stock coolant. Just my opinion though:whistle:

I ran it last summer because of the Texas heat and the fact that I sit in traffic on my way to work. However, I quickly switched to engine ice and the average temp went down a ton. For me, engine ice was worse than stock coolant and does not provide any freeze protection. Engine ice did better than stock and has a much lower freeze point. If I had to do all again, I probably would stay with stock coolant. Just my opinion though:whistle:
Engine ice is propylene glycol (ethylene glycol brother)

It's required for race aplications... I use it in my Nova at the track. I'd stick to the Busa book for the bike.

Forgot to add, one of the main reasons why WW is required at tracks is in the event of a spill, water with WW isn't slick like regular antifreeze and EI.

Engine ice is propylene glycol (ethylene glycol brother)

i requested that the dealership put in WW so i could do a track day on the busa if I had the chance. they put in EI and didn't tell me until I asked about the color difference. guess i need to look into this before I hit the track with it. thanks for the info.

we use water wetter in the intercoolers to the wuperchargers, and just in that it lowered the intake temp 20 degrees! that is on m90 eaton chargers on gtp's but they run 12's all day long

For sure recommend it from the experience ive had with it.

Just remember, Water Wetter does NOT protect against freezing. You can use it with an anti-freeze, but don't rely on it for freeze protection.

--Wag--

I used water wetter in my stock car... worked good. Though I heard people also using a small amt i.e. 1-2 tsp of Dawn Dish soap, and getting the same effect... basically a surfactant. I never tried it, though perhaps useful?!!?? ???

Back