Wastegate Spring Pressure

After lubing and assembing the Rajay, with the exhaust housing installed to compress the turbine shield and spring ring, I tried to spin the turbine shaft. It doesn't take any effort to spin but it doesn't keep spinning either... just comes to a stop. I agree it could make a difference when it's lubed and running but ball bearings still have to make a significant difference, and that's any time you increase throttle. I doubt I'll keep the Rajay and will likely replace it next winter/spring. The only reason I decided to use it this summer, other than money that is, is to see what I think after changing the F compressor to an E compressor. Good luck... hope it exceeds your expectations.

After lubing and assembing the Rajay, with the exhaust housing installed to compress the turbine shield and spring ring, I tried to spin the turbine shaft. It doesn't take any effort to spin but it doesn't keep spinning either... just comes to a stop. I agree it could make a difference when it's lubed and running but ball bearings still have to make a significant difference, and that's any time you increase throttle. I doubt I'll keep the Rajay and will likely replace it next winter/spring. The only reason I decided to use it this summer, other than money that is, is to see what I think after changing the F compressor to an E compressor. Good luck... hope it exceeds your expectations.
Honestly I think the biggest difference will be in the throttle responsiveness. I don't think overall boost or ultimate power will be affected at all. But the ball bearings willingness to keep spinning easily and keep momentum up should be a bigger factor at lower rpm's....I hope :laugh: The 22 is a big turbo, it came with my kit and is highly spoken of for smooth strong power, and has the ability to make up to 425 or so on the 14...so its all ready to go for big hp apps. But I don't plan on big hp, and wouldn't have minded something a little smaller and quicker spooling. The guy I got it from says it spools up plenty quick though....so I can't pass judgement till I actually try it :laugh:

I use an e-boost,on one bike and a boost by smith type on another
e-boost is great, but somewhat complicated to programme till your used to it, many more features than i will ever use, not waterproof.... big downside... but the upside is easy triggering of the next boost level, in either sequential with 1st as reset for drags or 4 stage direct grounding the trigger wires (diodes needed for the 4th stage)

Boost by smith type is simple regulators and solenoids,waterproof, just about foolproof , only downside is its a little bulky compared to an electronic type, but great value for money.

Ogre if i read the info about the aem right its manual select on boost levels ??
wish they would make it remote switched ...cheaper version of the eboost if it was.

i do believe it has a scramble function. timed, remotely triggered. i wish it was just a pressure switch, on/off, but i digress

Back