Wastegate Recommendation

65Cobra

Registered
I searched the forum thinking this issue had to be covered at least once before but was surprised when I didn't find much. I'd could use some feedback on which wastegate to get.

A quick background... I'm replacing the old Mr Turbo components on my 99 Busa. I fabricated my own larger plenum, adding a Tial Bv50mm BOV, Garret Relief Valve and Hobbs Pressure Switch. I replaced all vacuum hoses and fittings. The PC2 was replaced with a PC3 USB. The fuel system was replaced with a BEGI FMU and Bosch 044 pump, with all new lines, fittings & filter. I'm fabricating the exhaust now, no muffler but possibly an exhaust insert. Initially I'll continue to use the current header and Rajay Turbo, now with an E Compressor, but they will likely be replaced next winter when I fabricate my own stainless header. Right now I need to purchase a new wastegate and flange, actually two flanges, one steel for the current header and one stainless for next year when I fabricate a new header.

At this point I need help deciding which wastegate to get... Tial, Innovative, Synchronic... I really don't know. They all say how great they are. I'm leaning towards the Tial but would like to hear what others have to say first. Opinions on size would be nice too. Thanks. Dave

I use tial. It's the only brand I've ever owned. Not familiar with any other brands. I use a tial 38mm. I do know that Garrett Turbos only distributes Tial gates so if that is any indication.... I choose tial because of the quality components. Good luck!

Use a 38mm Tial wastegate on that setup. Good quality, a great selection of springs, parts (if necessary) are easy to get, and the damn thing works great . . .:cheerleader:

I got a tial 38mm coming with my RCC Stage One. I would read more about the relief valve on bikes though. I've heard bad things about them. They can allow the turbo to over spool. Just a note incase your interested.

Thanks for the heads up Ripcord4. I did check and found a relief valve is completely safe as long as it's set up properly, to open 2 psi above the systems max boost. If so, it won't open unless there is an overboost situation. If the turbo over spools, that means the relief valve is either defective or was set to open too soon. I appreciate the caution though since we never know how much knowledge someone has.

Back