Washington D.C. Metro-Northern Virginia

ok, ok... The guys I ride with are whinning about the EARLY start. So, I am gonna leave my place at 6AM.

This puts me in Gainesville at 6:45AM to meet the Samurai @ Wendy's. And, 8AM in Sperryville to meet BS @ Diane's.

Hope this time works for all.

Cheers, V.

Damn, Damn, Damn!!

I just got assigned to Kansas City to conduct training at our Beacon Street facility. The assbag on the schedule has an "unexpected conflict" (like he doesn't want to go to BFE to do training)

I'll be leaving on Friday night and returning the following Sunday. So I am screwed for the Saturday Ride. Another weekend ride shot. Get back to me on the next one, Rob

Man, that sucks!  Sorry you can't make it.  Next time, right?  We'll be thinkin' about you!  Okay, maybe not, but have a good trip anyway.  
smile.gif

Okay, true to Gov't fashion my travel orders got pushed to Wednesday.

Do not change what you've set so far. I don't want people jumping around to accomodate me.

I will attempt to meet you all at Diane's in Sperryville at the last time noted 8:00

Godspeed to you all.

Guess we shouldn't get too excited yet: It's only thursday and they have 2 days to change your travel plans again!

Glad to hear you're planning on coming

Helluva ride fellas, It's Sunday night and my left hand has just stopped buzzing. I must need gel gloves.

I got the synopsis Rip wrote but I'll be looking for it on the forum. The group was a perfect blend of skill, insanity and pure comedy. (you guys can figure out which each of us contributed to the outing)

I found depth that I didn't know my bike had from just interstate cruising, Hit speeds I never hit before and was completely confident in the reserves the Busa has.

I am truly lucky to have this fantastic machine. I could not have had a better time. Thanks to you guys who set it up.

After twisties like that, my commute is going to SUCK. Like having a Cigarette Boat on a 2 acre lake. Looking forward to the next time. (After a nice long rest)

Hey Samurai, Oracle, Dan, and Chris,
Hope you guys had as much fun as I did!  We REALLY have to do it again at least once this summer.  I was a little apprehensive about hooking up with people I met online but now feel very fortunate to have met each of you.  I hope that everyone feels the same way and that this was the first of many trips to come.

Thanks, V, for posting the pics.  I like the new Busas sign.  

Ben

Hey samurai,
I was totally planning on spending the whole weekend on the bike, but... I had to put it down so it looks like I'm out for a few weeks. :sad: I'm Ok, but you be careful out there, and please wear your gear.
Later,
Ben

Ben

Man oh man, I'm sorry to hear you've had a spill, If your already typing about it thats a good sign. I hope you heal up quick and can get the bike back in action.

I've got a pickup truck, and a ramp if you need some help getting your ride somewhere. Let me know if I can come down to give you a hand anytime, Rob.

Postal has a meet set up with some riders from Southwest VA.

I will probably head out there for this event. Just passing the word along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, ATTENTION ALL INTERESTED VA BUSA RIDERS (and anyone else for that matter),  here is the scoop on our get together in September:

When: Saturday, September 27, 2003 (rain date is Sat., Oct. 4, 2003)
Time: 12:00 Noon.
Where: Lynchburg, VA, River Ridge Mall, "Near the JC Penney store."
Why: Because we ride Busas and we want to get together and show them off.  
But seriously, to get together and meet each other, eat lunch, chat, brag, etc.  

There are a ton of great places to eat near the mall.  We'll decide then where we are going to graze.    

The mall is located at 3405 candlers Mountain Rd.  It is located between 29 and 460 off of 501, can't miss it.

Here is a map.  Hope you can make it.

Postal.      (spouses welcome, I'm bringing mine. Be careful out there!)

Edited by Postal on Aug. 29 2003,4:37

Hey all,
I'm back. I took some time off from work partly to decide what I was going to do about my lack of a 'busa. I looked at the R1, the gixxer1000, the zx12, and even a couple of cruisers but in the end I've decided that once you've had the best, nothing else will do. So...
unless something goes wrong, I should be getting my new '03 Silver and Grey this Friday. So basicly I've lost a $500 deductable and three weeks of riding but I'll have a new bike with 0 miles instead of the old one with 5500 miles. Could have been a lot worse!

Anyone up for a ride??

Samurai,
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you until now. Thank you for the offer to help. I really do appreciate it. Did you guys make the Lynchburgh ride this past Saturday? Any plans for this weekend?

Ben

Welcome back bro! Glad to hear you went 'busa... Although, that '04 R1 is looking MIGHTY appealing! Can't wait to get you back on the twisties (I need my mentor back)!

Mentor??? What are you talkin' about 'Death Chase Rider'?
Man, it's nice to be back on the 'busa. I ended up pickin' her up on Wed. night. So far I've only logged about 100 miles. I forgot about the smell of all those new parts getting heated up for the first time. I have been pretty good about the 5k rpm limit so far but after a few weeks of not riding the torque is still awesome. I can't wait to unleash the beast!
Are you doing any riding this weekend? I'm considering a trip to Sperryville on Sunday if I can find my thermal underwear. Call me tomorrow if your interested.

Ben

Back