Washington D.C. Metro-Northern Virginia

samurai1833

Registered
Washington D.C. Metro- Alexandria Va Check in.

Any riders want to hit 301 or some of the great rides talked about in Virginia Wind? Let me know.

Hey if you put together a 2 or 3 day weekend ride and let me know in advance I'll roll up.. Heck if you want to roll west of DC and hit the mountains near Luray, VA that would be cool. a lot of twisties and beautiful siteseeing. I did a car/cabin trip there once, and kept telling myself i should have bought the bike.. that about a 2-2:30 hour ride from DC (cartime) but hey for a weekend trip we could leave out saturday morning hit luray caverns, sitesee, ride down the blue ridge parkway catch a hotel for the night and then turn around and head back on sunday morning. Get back in time for me to visit a friend that night and head home monday..

I roll the busa fo distance, not sure if you up to a weekend in the saddle but if you are we can stop and roll at a comfortable pace.. Heck I'll even bring the videocam!!!!

oh one more thing, actually two. Check out the black and white Hayabusa.org T-shirts and order some. it helps support the site and they look cool.

Dez, a two day ride sounds okay to me. I've never done one but I've also never had a bike I trust like this one. Let me know when and where I'll ride with anyone from the forum.

and thanks for the welcome.

Hey guys. I just got my Black and Silver 'busa yesterday. I done the Blue Ridge Parkway (and Skyline Drive) several times on my Kawasaki Concours. It is way cool... But, you gotta watch out for the staties, they seem to have it in for guys who ride quick on the twisties. I live in Germantown, MD and would also love to join in for some riding. I have a couple of buds (none of them have Suzukis though) who would be interested in riding too. -Vaughn.

Welcome to the Board Rip, I've heard a lot about the Parkway and look forward to hitting it this summer.

This weekend two big functions are happening this weekend.
Of course they are at the same friggin time.

The first is with a group I'm looking to hook up with;

The MILLENNIUM SPORT RIDERS 3rd ANNUAL RIDER BLESSING Sunday, April 13th, 2003 Noon- 5pm at Lamont's Located in Indian Head Maryland Off of Marshell Hall Rd Music, food and refreshments will be available. Plenty of parking for bikes and cars. All clubs and independent riders are welcome.

The Second is with my supplier; Coleman Power Sports

Riders and Enthusiasts

Winter is finally coming to an end.  So go clean your bikes, get your gear together, and lets RIDE!!!!  This Sunday, April 13th Coleman Powersports is going to have a spring ride.  The weather looks to be terrific,we will be leading you through a 180 mile tour of Maryland and maybe even a little bit of West Virginia.  We have 2 scheduled stops and everyone is invited. - Meet at Coleman Powersports in Falls Church, Va at 10:00 a.m.- -We will be departing between 10:30-10:45 a.m.- -The ride should be about 4 and a half hours long-  Ever want to just hang out and have fun with people who love the same stuff you do? well so do we, so this year we have hooked up with Grevey's Sports Bar in Falls Church to watch Two-Wheeled Tuesday every tuesday night from 7:00 p.m to whenever we leave.

I will probably do the Powersports ride if the weather is good, but I might go to the Indian Head thing if the weather is bad. Let me know if either is an interest we can hook up beforehand and represent the Forum.

I definitely wanna hook-up for some riding... But, this weekend is moot because it is my birthday and the wife has plans for me. Also, my bike only has 15 miles on it (due mostly to this crap weather we are having) and I would prefer to break her in proper-like.

So, count me in for some riding in the near future. If the weather is nice, I should have 500 miles on her by next weekend.

-Vaughn (a.k.a. Rip) *believe it or not*

Went out Sunday the 12th with the Coleman group about 70 people showed up GSX 1000's to 750 Shadow Ace's and everything in between. We broke into smaller groups of 15 to 20 and road for about 5 hours.

I was in Squid central with these guys, passing in the lanes, no signals- triple digits through rural residential areas
grim.gif
and leaving slower riders behind. It will be a while before I ride with those guys again. I did find a couple of normal riders who I can hook up with later. But all and all the boy-racer group is for the birds.

<snip> We broke into smaller groups of 15 to 20 <snip>

I was in Squid central with these guys, passing in the lanes, no signals- triple digits through rural residential areas  <snip>
15 to 20 is a HUGE group to ride with... I prefer breaking down to 5 max. I guess you had to with 70+ peoples there.
cool.gif

I am not hip on flying through res. areas... I am with you, that group was prolly a little TOO crazy.
iamwithstupid.gif

Don't get me wrong. I like being quick... But, I don't think residential (read: children playing in street) is the place for it.

My bike goes in tomorrow for the 600 mile service. It should be out on Wed. or Thurs. Just in time for some nice weather!

We should plan a trip in VA or MD (or both).
biggrin.gif

A ride this weekend would have been cool but I'm headed to Minnesota. My company is making this "temporary" relocation permanent. Since I've been here almost 18 months I knew it was coming. My regular riding season jut got extended 3 months!

Yeah they were over the top people walking on the shoulders and old ladies mowing the lawn never expected to be strafed by a bunch of wannabe WSB champion clones. I though the size of the group was good. In the middle of the pack you could see the line riders were taking like it was training photo entry-through-exit it was pretty cool. With the only Busa I had the top end on all of them but those bastards were fast from 35 to 120.

Quickness V.S. Top End I'm going to have to rethink the Busa supremacy, not too many places to ride at 194 mph.

Rockville, MD here. If any of the riders want to meet with the a lot of the local Montgomery County riders. Check out www.thetwistclub.com the site will be done a couple of days for a re haul. PM me or always headout to the Rockville Starbucks off Rockville Pike. Next to Barnes and Noble

There's another Colman Powersports ride on Sunday May 4th at 9:30 the Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester is the destination.

Check it out

A big thanks to everyone who participated in the April ride, making it a huge success.

It looks to be another beautiful weekend, so whats that you have nothing to do!! Grab your gear, clean up your bike and lets "RIDE" out with the Coleman Crew to the Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester, Virginia.  Meet up at Coleman Powersports in Falls Church, on Sunday May 4th at 9:30 a.m.
We are going to ride the beautiful countryside and check out the historic Winchester Apple Blossom Festival.  The ride won't be as long as the last one (I promise!!) but should give us some nice country roads to help us
get away for a day.  Depending on what you want to see we should be back before 4:00p.m.  

Check out this link to see what the festivities are: http://www.sabf.org/

**We will be leaving by 9:50 a.m.**

Hey, I'm in.

I'm moving from a BMW K1200RS to the 'Busa, and my '03 isn't quite broken in yet, though I'm gettin' there ;) .

The protocol I use with the beemer guys I ride with suits me: (Nominal) groups of no more than 5 or 6, everybody waits and stops/turns for the last guy to show up, no pressure to keep a pace. Very simple, very safe, everybody gets to enjoy their part of the ride.

I live east of DC (Hyattsville -- think "South of College Park") and am used to prowling 211 and Skyline Drive in northern/central VA, the Highland County area of western VA, eastern WV, northern MD (Cumberland, Sykesville, Harford County, etc.), and southern PA.

I think a day ride might be a better place to start and get to know everyone's style, plus those of us with more tender butts won't come home too exhausted for the work week to follow. What part of the region appeals to you all the most (sounds like northern VA)?

mcoyote,

Welcome to the board and congratz on the new bike! You will love it!

A day ride sounds fantastic to me.

Big E, I checked out that site and those guys may be a hair on the looney side for me (no offense). Also, one of my cop buddies says they watch that whole group like eagles!

I like to ride fast and take turns fast, etc... But, I prefer to do it way away from the city and especially neighborhoods.

If the rain will ever die down, perhaps we can all get together for a day event (as coyote suggested).

-Vaughn.

BTW - mcoyote, you might wanna get past the 600 mile service before going for a day trip. Get it done so the warranty stays kosher.

Hey, I'm in. [/QUOTE]

Welcome mcoyote and congrats on your new bike! I'm actually just breaking in my '03 'Busa (as I work around the rainy weather). I'm in Frederick, MD. I plan to get my 600 mile service done next week and then I'll be ready to join you all for some spirited riding  
biggrin.gif

SR

Awesome!  We have a decent sized group ready for the road!  I hear ya about this $%$#@! rain...  Soon as it clears-up, we should do some asphalt!

I normally make runs up to Howard County, and out to Poolesville.  River road is pretty cool...  And so is McCarthur BLVD (provided it isn't packed with yuppies)...  If we go out a ways, Skyline Drive in VA is killer!  We should take turns planning one day trips from the DC metro area.  If we do Skyline, Cumberland, or S. PA (as coyote suggested) we may wanna camp out.

Also, I ride with two Honda 600's most of the time, if that is cool with you guys, I am sure they would love to TRY and tag along.

Back