Washington D.C. Metro-Northern Virginia

oops....must have bumped the wrong button.  sorry for the extra post.

Just dropped my baby off at the dealer for my 600 mile service today.  Already having withdrawls!  Anyway, would love to meet up w/some of you guys especially if anyone is interested in riding Skyline drive.  It's really a great place to ride with the possible exception of the 35mph speed limit (I've heard some people bend the rules a little bit though)

I live in Charlottesville so I'm about 1hr. from the Sperryville entrance to the Park.  I would also be willing to meet up anywhere off 66 if anyone is interested.

oops....must have bumped the wrong button.  sorry for the extra post.

Just dropped my baby off at the dealer for my 600 mile service today.  Already having withdrawls!  Anyway, would love to meet up w/some of you guys especially if anyone is interested in riding Skyline drive.  It's really a great place to ride with the possible exception of the 35mph speed limit (I've heard some people bend the rules a little bit though)

I live in Charlottesville so I'm about 1hr. from the Sperryville entrance to the Park.  I would also be willing to meet up anywhere off 66 if anyone is interested.
I'm in... If I can fit it into my tight a$$ed schedule. ARGH! Let's plan ahead and set it in stone y'all.

-Rip.

Hey Oracle,
Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight...I mean, which is more important, work or spending time riding your busa??  
smile.gif

Seriously though, I would like to set something up for this summer.  I could do it pretty much any weekend if we plan in advance.  We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed about the weather.
I have 2-3 non-bike friends (FZR600, CBR600, etc.) that would love to join us too if that's cool.

How does Sunday, July 13 sound?

Is anybody up for a ride this weekend in the Alexandria area?

I'm looking forward to a dry day. Does the 28th or 29th have potential?

Hey Oracle,
Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight...I mean, which is more important, work or spending time riding your busa??  
smile.gif

Seriously though, I would like to set something up for this summer.  I could do it pretty much any weekend if we plan in advance.  We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed about the weather.
I have 2-3 non-bike friends (FZR600, CBR600, etc.) that would love to join us too if that's cool.

13th sounds good to me... Gotta be closer to the date though. Let's make it tentative until the 4th or so. The freinds on 600's are cool (I have a couple too). FRESH MEAT!

Hey Oracle,
smile.gif

13th sounds good to me...  Gotta be closer to the date though.  Let's make it tentative until the 4th or so.  The freinds on 600's are cool (I have a couple too).  FRESH MEAT!
Planning for the 13th.  By the 6th or 7th we should be able to get a semi-accurate weather forcast.  If all is well we can start talking specifics.

I'm headed up your way next weekend (or your direction anyway) for the DC fireworks on the 4th.  I have a boat down at Colonial Beach and have reserved a slip at the Alexandria City Dock for the whole weekend.  Wish I could bring my 'busa but haven't yet figured out a way to haul all the coolers, fishing poles, etc..

Hello to all of my fellow DC Metro Busa riding brothers! I'm game for a ride some Saturday. I live in Stafford, but work in Merrifield. Just give me a few day's notice. E-mail me at tstewart@email.usps.gov. Thanks!!

Take care.

Postal.

cool.gif

Hey if you put together a 2 or 3 day weekend ride and let me know in advance I'll roll up.. Heck if you want to roll west of DC and hit the mountains near Luray, VA that would be cool. a lot of twisties and beautiful siteseeing. I did a car/cabin trip there once, and kept telling myself i should have bought the bike.. that about a 2-2:30 hour ride from DC (cartime) but hey for a weekend trip we could leave out saturday morning  hit luray caverns, sitesee, ride down the blue ridge parkway catch a hotel for the night and then turn around and head back on sunday morning. Get back in time for me to visit a friend that night and head home monday..

I roll the busa fo distance, not sure if you up to a weekend in the saddle but if you are we can stop and roll at a comfortable pace.. Heck I'll even bring the videocam!!!!
Hey Dezz, how is the traffic out west (VA) on the weekends? I hear it is a bite. Especially Skyline drive. I'd love to ride Skyline but I hear it's not worth it due to the traffic. I was going to try and put together a big DC Metro Area ride but everything I thought of there were serious traffic hinderances. The only good ride is 2-1/2 hours away in SW VA. Your thoughts?

Hey if you put together a 2 or 3 day weekend ride and let me know in advance I'll roll up.. Heck if you want to roll west of DC and hit the mountains near Luray, VA that would be cool. a lot of twisties and beautiful siteseeing. I did a car/cabin trip there once, and kept telling myself i should have bought the bike.. that about a 2-2:30 hour ride from DC (cartime) but hey for a weekend trip we could leave out saturday morning  hit luray caverns, sitesee, ride down the blue ridge parkway catch a hotel for the night and then turn around and head back on sunday morning. Get back in time for me to visit a friend that night and head home monday..

I roll the busa fo distance, not sure if you up to a weekend in the saddle but if you are we can stop and roll at a comfortable pace.. Heck I'll even bring the videocam!!!!
Hey Dezz, how is the traffic out west (VA) on the weekends?  I hear it is a bite.  Especially Skyline drive.  I'd love to ride Skyline but I hear it's not worth it due to the traffic.  I was going to try and put together a big DC Metro Area ride but everything I thought of there were serious traffic hinderances.  The only good ride is 2-1/2 hours away in SW VA.  Your thoughts?
Well, 211 is real nice -- takes you across skyline at thornton's gap, of course I just picked up a speeding/reckless summons there last week so I'm not anxious to go back there and say hi to that nice copper from Luray I met there...

...anyway...

I'm up to about 1400mi on my bike so I'd say it's all broken in and stuff. I can pick either a Saturday or Sunday morning for a run somewheres, I'd probably choose Sunday because the traffic's a lot better.

Maybe a breakfast get-together somewhere obscure followed by a ride?

Vripley, not a prob with the twistclub thing. Check out my post count. ZERO post.
smile.gif
There are a bunch of good guys on the board and with any board the squids. Its not an organized group but a place for local peeps to find other local riders. And the cop thing is pretty funny. One of the founding admins is an officer also. Small group of us (4-6 riders) will be heading out to Deals Gap on the 13th of July(leaving Sunday night) we will be there a few days and leaving on Thursday. Definetly if any of the local guys want to go for a ride, maybe a few of us (so far 4 riders) will be heading out to 211 then onto 33 on Thursday the 3rd of July. If you plan on going expect to put on at least 400 miles. PM me if anyone is interested.

Oracle,
Still interested in a ride this next weekend?  Looks like we've got rain all week but for now the weekend looks great.  I'll have to look at a map, but I think you can get to Skyline from 66.  Maybe we could meet up in Gainsville?  Does anyone else want to come along?

Oracle,
Still interested in a ride this next weekend?  Looks like we've got rain all week but for now the weekend looks great.  I'll have to look at a map, but I think you can get to Skyline from 66.  Maybe we could meet up in Gainsville?  Does anyone else want to come along?
Lemme check with the wifey and the other riders...

BTW - If we are gonna ride Skyline, we should prolly meet for breakfast at:
Diana's Country Diner
20 Main St, Sperryville, VA 22740
(540) 987-3305

It is in Sperryville (intersection of 211 and 522). This is just before Skyline Drive on 211 and it is twisties from there on out!

BS (and, anyone else who is interested),

I will be at Diane's Country Diner at 7AM on Saturday morning (July 12th). Sorry, I can't do Sunday.

After breakfast, we can head out to Skyline.

Let's use email for trip itinerary and general correspondance on this one...  Mine is: vripley@virtualinks.com.

I may have two freinds on Honda 600's along for the ride...

See you there, Vaughn.

That sounds fine Rip, I live in Alexandria, I can't tell the best way to get to Sperryville from here so I'm open to suggestions for a time and place. I'm guessing it have to be pretty early to get there by 7:00 a.m.

Hey Oracle,
Sat. sounds good.  7am is fine with me if that's cool with you guys  'cause you have a lot longer ride.  (glad to hear you're coming too, samurai)
I haven't noticed Diana's before but I know how to get to Sperryville where 211 and 522 intersect.  I'll check my map and shouldn't have any proplem.
Vaughn, I'll send you an e-mail with my tel. #.  I'll send it to you too samurai if you want to give me your e-mail address.  mine is bsrigley@earthlink.net

That sounds fine Rip, I live in Alexandria, I can't tell the best way to get to Sperryville from here so I'm open to suggestions for a time and place. I'm guessing it have to be pretty early to get there by 7:00 a.m.
Sammy,

I am leaving my place @ 5AM... We should meet in Gainesville. Essentially, you will just take Rt 66 West until exit 43A, it's the second Rt 29 exit (it is AFTER Manassas). This will take you right into Gainesville. On the right is a little shopping center (I think it is called Gainesville Village Square) and there is a Wendys in there.

It should take me 40 minutes to get to that Wendys. So, why don't you plan on meeting me out front of it at 5:45AM.

If you wanna go, email me and Ben (addresses above) so we can trade cell numbers, etc.

Hope to see ya bro, V.

Back