Will be moving back to the tidewater va area...

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Well my wife and I decided to move back to the Tidewater (Chesapeake, VA) area this summer. We felt that Chesapeake is nice area to raise our son (and besides that is where all my family reside). The Washington DC metro area is too fast and expensive.

At the moment I plan to transfer to Boeings Hampton office (got my fingers crossed). However, I would like to have a few options in my pocket. I am currently looking for job opportunities in the Tidewater area. If you know of any send me a PM.
Thanks for you help.
D-

sweet welcome back cuffee, if you haven't been here recently Chesapeake is nothing like it used to be, any specific field of work you are looking at?

sweet welcome back cuffee, if you haven't been here recently Chesapeake is nothing like it used to be, any specific field of work you are looking at?
I know. I go to Chesapeake at least twich a month. It is growing!

Currently, I am a software programmer for Boeing working on the Army's Future Combat System Program.

Thanks,
D-

Donald- best of luck to you and the family on the move. Spent some time in both places, good choice IMO.

It seems like the place to be.

Lots of board members call that area home.

Nice thing to do for your son,he will be thankful for that later in life.

smart move

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Tidewater is a very nice place to be. Not to mention I have all my family there
smile.gif

Used to be in Newport News. I'm in armpit Illinois now. If Va wasnt so far from home (KC) I would have loved to stay there.

born in Newport News VA, dad was a welder in the shipyard, still have uncles that work there...small world huh.

Born in Nwport News Naval Hospital. Dad lives in Chesapeake. I go down there every once in awhile. What area you looking at moving to in Chesapeake?

Born in Nwport News Naval Hospital. Dad lives in Chesapeake. I go down there every once in awhile. What area you looking at moving to in Chesapeake?
I was born and raised in Chesapeake. I want my boy to be raised there with the rest of his family.
Cool place to live. Plenty to do, and, depending on where, great place for a kid to grow up.

If you don't mind my asking, are you buying new? If so, you might be moving where my dad's house used to be.

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141589632 -->

Congrats on the decision and good luck with the transfer...
cool.gif

No excuses for not making a ride in the Va Beach area!
tounge.gif

Back