Warped rotors, get new OEM or Chicom?

I've ridden bikes with them before and I agree with you. I prefer the feel over the competition. I use 1 or 2 fingers on the clutch and brake too, I like to be able to adjust them away from the bars.
I was hoping you had a set on clearance at your store:laugh:

:laugh::laugh: sorry, as you seen I clearanced out all the extra CRG & Pazzo's but held onto the ASV's. When more ASV's come in then the other P's & C's will go too. :laugh:

I think we both jacked the thread

Yeah, sorry about that Sous.:beerchug:

:laugh::laugh: sorry, as you seen I clearanced out all the extra CRG & Pazzo's but held onto the ASV's. When more ASV's come in then the other P's & C's will go too. :laugh:

Yeah, sorry about that Sous.:beerchug:

No worries fellas, I am drinking beer, surfing the net and waiting for my chicken wings to finish cooking. Can you hijack your own thread......hmmmmm.........

No worries fellas, I am drinking beer, surfing the net and waiting for my chicken wings to finish cooking. Can you hijack your own thread......hmmmmm.........

What kind of beer ya drinkin?

What kind of beer ya drinkin?

34 degrees Yuengling, reference my post on converting a wine cooler into a beer cooler. Now that is a thread jack!

I have decided to go with Dyna Beads, EBC pads, OEM rotors, PR2's and a set of cush drives from Schnitz Racing. That should keep me rubber side down for the summer with a nice smooth ride.

I have decided to go with Dyna Beads, EBC pads, OEM rotors, PR2's and a set of cush drives from Schnitz Racing. That should keep me rubber side down for the summer with a nice smooth ride.

I don't know??? after just reading thru that dyna bead debate thread I think you might come under less scrutiny if you were to come out and ask opinions on whether your secret desire to make love to a half black half white w/red tail male portugese pygmy goat that you call LuLu was out of line or not. :laugh:

UNLESS...your just testing the waters and you really call him Yuengling and in human years he would be 34 . ???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, there are just as many positive results for the Dyna Beads as there are negative. I will try them out and make a decision myself. If they work, they will be great for me application.

If they don't work, I will take them out and have the tires rebalanced. Minimal cost involved, so why not try it.

Well, there are just as many positive results for the Dyna Beads as there are negative. I will try them out and make a decision myself. If they work, they will be great for me application.

If they don't work, I will take them out and have the tires rebalanced. Minimal cost involved, so why not try it.

No, don't take me wrong. I have actually been thinking of trying them myself but just haven't gotten around to it. And honestly I could care less what anyone else thought of something if I like it and it works for me.

That's the same as having a buddy with a fat and/or ugly wife/gf, if she floats his boat then I say go get you some more of it. But I'm not gonna make it my mission or waste and of my time trying to prove to him that a slim little well toned body does it or looks so much better in a rev cow girl. :laugh: BUT she does! :rofl:

Besides anyone I have ever talked to about the beads said they worked good for them. :thumbsup: To me it's like beating a dead cow, I say if it works for you :thumbsup: good, doesn't mean I have to like it or use it and vice versa right. ???

Agreed on all accounts. I will be sure to share my thoughts on them once installed and running for a while.

btw the oem's on ebay if they are being sold new are usually oem knockoffs.... found that out on my gsxr1000 when i ordered them... just wanted to throw that out there and they were shipped from cali not china

Well damn, that may throw a wrench into my thoughts on the rotors.

Here is a link to the ones I was going to get, can anyone tell just by looking at them if they are true OEM? I have sent a question to the seller to make sure they are OEM and not just advertised as such.

08 09 10 11 Suzuki Hayabusa Front Rotors new OEM 59210-15H00 | eBay

2009-suzuki-hayabusa-front-rotors-6.jpg

2009-suzuki-hayabusa-front-rotors-5.jpg

2009-suzuki-hayabusa-front-rotors-4.jpg

I agree, the wrote me back and said the rotors are new and were taken off a parted out Busa. I returned with questions about the listing on their site and why they have "more than 10 available" on the Ebay listing if they were from a parted Busa.

I agree, the wrote me back and said the rotors are new and were taken off a parted out Busa. I returned with questions about the listing on their site and why they have "more than 10 available" on the Ebay listing if they were from a parted Busa.

if they were new they wouldnt be from a parted out busa haha thats like new not new lol

motorcycleparts2u is a legitimate US store. I've ordered several parts from them in the past and they arrived as described. The prices are usually pretty reasonable on OEM parts. :thumbsup:

Below is my experience with motorcycleparts2u in regards to ordering OEM rotors. I copied this from another post about the same thing on the Org. I am still happy with the purchase, just need to do a bit of work to get them up to my standards.

Update to my order from the same company, but mine did not go as well.

I received the rotors yesterday, and it looks like a drunk 5 year old with an air tool removed the rotors. They are gouged and scratched in 7 places on one and 9 places on the other. I mean these are circular, large scratches, not just minor key scratches.

I contacted the seller, sent pictures and they agreed that they should not have been sent in their condition after being listed as new. There is some minor pad residue on the braking surface as well, but it looks like they were used while moving the bike by hand or very low speeds. They are smooth and you can still see the new surface of the rotor, so that was not a concern to me.

The seller and I came to an agreement of refunding me $30 and I would refinish the painted portion of the rotors myself. Also, I am waiting until they are mounted to finalize the sale as if they are not straight (I am 95% sure they are straight) then they would be returned at the sellers cost and I would get a full refund.

So, in the end, I got a 99% new set of OEM rotors for $70. I am happy with that as I could not really afford $300 for rotors.

Going to weigh in with my .02 on cheap rotors...don't do it. The quality of the steel has to be a consideration. Especially if you are going with a "race" pad/line set up.
Just taco'd a DNA rotor on my Dyna. Put on a more aggressive set of EBC pads on my 06 Wide Glide. Tried to bed them in with a little "ride rub". Now looks like a potato chip.
Go with OEM or something like Galfer, Brembo, Lyndall, etc. Not worth the risk IMHO.

Crusty, those were my thoughts as well and that is why I went with a discount retailer for OEM rotors. I do like the look of the Chicom and Galfers, but I don't have confidence in one and don't have funds for the other. OEM are good enough for my application, so that is why I went back to them.

Back